iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Find

Started by Autocar, December 20, 2019, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Rebuilding a 208 Timberjack rebuilt the planataries the valve bank for the blade/steering/winch. Pulled the pins to split the tractor replaced the bushing on the steering cylinder the top bushing on the top ear and here on the bottom ear there was a fracture break all the way around the bushing hole around a inch and half away from the hole all the way around. So it wouldn't drop out or wouldn't come out on top, raged sharp edges so I leveled it up and welded it with a 7018 rod on top and a 6013 on the bottom. Pushed it back togather with the Bobcat it took me three hours to get the brass washers back on top and bottom of the bottom pin put the bottom pin back in and called it a day. At times I could of used a extra arm or eye but over all been a fun project for a old man. Has anyone else ever seen a break like this on a skidder ? It gave me the impression that the brass washer on the bottom made it crack.Any thoughts ? 
Bill

bushmechanic

Bill, I would say that was a replacement weldment that was installed at some point in the machine because the hole "egged out". I would suspect that the crack was where it was welded. 

Autocar

I thought also it was a repair but the way the steel is so irregular with sharp points it's just hard for me to believe it is a repair. Bushmechanic if you PM your phone number I will have my wife send you a picture of it. Now for today's update. I got up at four am and worked till two thirty to get the top pin lined up but finally got it . Had enough Timberjack for a few days just have to hook up the drive line and winch drive line and two hyd, lines and the brake line and she is finished. Today went from enjoying it to getting pretty feed up but there's days like that.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!