iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plenty of fresh cut ash and white spruce (Lower Mich area)

Started by ozziesstang, December 15, 2005, 10:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozziesstang

I have several nice sized ash and white spruce ....needs a good home...U pick up, I will load....Farmington Hills Mi.  Most are in darn good shape and in lenials of 6-20' long, diams very.  These are emerald ash borer killed, and the spruce have just died last year.

Dana

Ozziestang, If the tree's have Emerald Ash Boer, Please call the Michigan Department of Agriculture and have them dispose of them immediately. We  DO NOT need to spread this problem further than it is. By the way welcome to the forum.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

estiers

Quote from: Dana on December 16, 2005, 07:50:19 AM
Ozziestang, If the tree's have Emerald Ash Boer, Please call the Michigan Department of Agriculture and have them dispose of them immediately. We  DO NOT need to spread this problem further than it is. By the way welcome to the forum.

That is not necessary.  There are several people who are certified to deal with EAB infested trees.  Those trees can legally go anywhere within the 21 county quarantined area, but local use would be most advisable.
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

ozziesstang

Actually as far as the ash go I was hoping someone with a mill could use the heart wood.  Over the last two years we have had second chance type portable millers come to our place and cut all the ash boards we can use, and it is fantastic wood.  The infestation is only on the outer portion of the tree leaving the best part valuable.  As for the Spruce, some of these things are over 80' long.  Rest asured we follow all of the precausions that come with the responsible use of these ash trees.   

Thank You Sponsors!