iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber king 2000

Started by Greysonvalleyrr, February 10, 2020, 01:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greysonvalleyrr

Well i am now looking at a Timberking 2000. There are a few close to me that have them and have to call them on there take of it.  Anyone here have any good, bad or indifferent on the mill. it comes in at 43,673.00 delivered. 

farmfromkansas

There are a couple of TK 1600's in my neighborhood.  Seem to be good mills.  Great thing is they have hydraulics.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Larry

My 2000 is 10 years old.  Runs perfect and makes excellent lumber.

It was an excellent investment and I hope to be running it for a lot more years.

I've had excellent customer service along with support, even on a couple of things way out of warranty.  A stand up company!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Greysonvalleyrr

It does not come with a debarker which is 2,000.00 extra. The salesman said it was an option and it was a waste of time to use it. 

doc henderson

I love mine and have sawn all types and sizes of wood.  Matt is a good resource.  I have only had a few problems, and TK helped me with troubleshooting.  The price has gone up since I got mine.  I enjoyed seeing the offices and underground assembly area.  It is the only mill I have owned.  I have had mine for 7 years and they have made several improvements I wish I had.  cut throat is up to 35 inches from my 32.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Greysonvalleyrr on February 10, 2020, 01:44:40 PMIt does not come with a debarker which is 2,000.00 extra. The salesman said it was an option and it was a waste of time to use it.
Why? I love my debarker.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

I did not get the debarker.  I was trying to keep things simple and less expensive.  It may save some blade longevity, but also add to the complexity.  I also was interest but did not get the drag back. and now in the place it sits, I could not use it.  I liked the semi automatic style.  It would not be hard for a person with fab skills to make one.  It depends on what your goals are.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

I'd have to change my off-bearing process if I had and used a drag back as I almost always off load off the end instead of the front. Yes, debarkers need periodic maintenance and adjustment but I find the time and expense are well worth the effort. TEHO
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ladylake

Great mill, the new ones also have the blade going 36" above the deck which really helps with those big logs.  Several have taken their debarker off including me, I'd put that money towards a sharpener and  setter for the rare occasion when you have to saw through dirt..  Most times dirt can be avoided.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Greysonvalleyrr

Talked to one local and he likes it. He says there blades are junk unless you only cut soft pine. Was watching on gov deals a woodmizer 1990  LT40hd 1000 hrs from Peoria Park District, IL bid is 6300 with 8 days left. 

doc henderson

I use the blades and have no complaints.  Kasco will have blades.  They may be a step up, but the TK blades work for me.

SawyerTed

I'm not familiar with the TK debarker so there may be reasons for not getting it that I'm not aware of.   I didn't start out using my debarker but once I got better at the controls, I did start using it consistently.  There was a noticeable increase in board feet produced per blade when using the debarker.  There's lots of variables but I'm guessing on average 20% more board feet per blade.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Outlaw

I have TK blades and Woodmizer, my limited experience can't tell a difference. 
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

Banjo picker

Why would you take a debarked off a mill. 😒Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

DPatton

I have sawn only part time since 2016 without a debarker on my TK1600. It has worked out ok for me so far. However now that I am sawing more and more custom jobs I can seriously see the value a debarker can add to your setup. Especially when your going thru 5, 6, 7, or more blades a day.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Board Cutter

I've had my 2000 for 10 years and have had no problems beyond normal maintenance.  The debarker wasn't an option when I bought mine, I've had good results with my TimberKing blades but I don't have anything to compare it with.
I did buy a sharpener and setter and feel that was a good investment.

If I was going to buy a new mill tomorrow I would go with TimberKing again.
TimberKing 2000, John Deere 970, Hitachi Excavator,

ladylake

Quote from: Banjo picker on February 11, 2020, 05:35:55 PM
Why would you take a debarked off a mill. 😒Banjo
It was in the way on long logs, hard to keep adjusted and spent more time using it than sharpening a extra blade or 2 once in a while. Most time dirt can be avoided.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Banjo picker

I guess it's all in the way it's designed.  If I get a really big log too close to the front of the mill, I have to raise the head up to get the log on the deck to avoid hitting the debarked arm, but after it's on the deck, it's all good.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

doc henderson

I think the salesman (Matt) is trying to listen to what your goals are.  I think as a company they would love to sell more stuff, but as a hobby guy, he felt I would not "need" it and I was already feeling like it was quite an expense for the mill.  same for the drag back.  could buy now or later, or make one, or depending on the setup and location, may not be able to use it.  they are options to add if you want.  they were about 500 bucks each 8 years ago when I bought my mill.

Larry

Grade sawing 4/4 big cherry.  Sawing about 250 board foot per hour by myself in 8 foot logs.  I would be a tired puppy without my dragback.  I seldom move more than a few steps from the operator station and seldom lift a board or slab. 

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

rmaustin

Not a 2000 but just got back from KC w my new 1400 incl Setworks and looking forward to starting up soon. I will say the support at TK was what made me buy one and I was really impressed w the build quality. I'm a detail guy and these saws are made to last! Sure, its a bunch of money but remember, tools make money and toys cost money....

Thank You Sponsors!