iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wire brush to clean e classic 2300 propane wood ignition jet.

Started by muckamuck, February 28, 2011, 03:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muckamuck

Here is a photo of a wire brush mounted on a 20 inch rod for use with a portable electric drill.  When the fire is out (no hot coals under your hands) insert the brush into the propane fire nozzle in the back of the firebox and clean the face (particularly need to clean tar from ignition wire on front) of the propane jet.  Reverse rotation as well.  This cleans out the propane jet so it will ignite when you push wood ignition.  This front cleaning method works without the need to open the back, unplug wires, unscrew hose clamps and pull the jet to clean it.  You do have to remember to do the cleaning from the firebox side before you load wood and hit the ignite button, otherwise you have to unload the wood to get the drill brush in there.  It only takes 10 seconds.

doctorb

Nice rig.  I  sure it does the job.

I purchased the dual fuel model as well.  I have never hooked up the gas and have no plans to do so.  For me, it was a waste of money.  When, or if, I ever upgrade, I won't make that mistake (for me) again.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!