iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New River Firewood Splitter

Started by kfin, March 02, 2014, 05:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfin

I am looking to get a splitter with a hydraulic lift. I was fairly well set on a Timberwolf 2HD or the 2 with a manual lift. And then I found New River Firewood selling Power Trust Equipment....they have a 37 ton splitter advertised on their website with all the bells and whistles for only $3,500.

Problem is that I can't find anybody that has one or any reviews on them anywhere on the internet. Has anybody here seen one? Tried one? Good, bad, shoot me a message or email if you want. I'm just trying to get information on them.
Thanks,
Keith

drobertson

I googled it, found a review for the 47 ton, might check for yourself,   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WI Fire

A number of years ago, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity of meeting the owner and his family of Split-Fire. The inventor died recently, but his company continues, and they even market their product with Central Boiler, under a different name. Tonnage is not everything. I bought the model with the 5 horse Honda, and it has the hydraulic lift. It splits both directions making a hang up only temporary, and the ram is enclosed in the lower channel, so years later, there is no wobble. I had, until this time, split by hand or occasionally rented other units. I love this unit, and if you check their website they have tractor mounted products, they have one that can take a wedge that splits wood into fours, really quite innovative. It's been trouble free, and I love it! Good luck in your search.

Thank You Sponsors!