iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On a New Diet

Started by kantuckid, November 15, 2020, 09:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

I am now back on a diet similar to when I was maybe 2-3 yrs old? I comes from having zero molars left to chew on one side and only one the other side and it's next to a very sore oral surgery spot. 
So far I do well for breakfast with cracked wheat cereal, pancakes and sausage links munched like a chipmunk. Supper is lentil soup, navy bean soup and salmon patties chipmunk style. 
Opiods I took two one day, one the next and now ready to flush the rest and hurt ala naturel. 
More soup tonite... ::) 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

doc henderson

glad you got the work done.  hang in there.  the ensure stuff is an option, and better than nothing.  unless you are trying to loose a few.   :)  good luck.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

kantuckid

My theory on finally being seen sooner is that the 3rd dentist I'd seen told the 4th one that my broken off crown/top/root canal tooth really needed to be gone! -and the guy/oral surgeon worked me in. Interestingly, the dental assistant was a local man 67 years old who'd done that for many years.  The root canal molar has nearly healed up but the live molar which was removed and with great difficulty based on my own "seat of the pants" experience and the oral surgeons statement when he went, "whew" and said,  "that was a tough one"! is still sore and bit puffy. Just finished my 3rd bowl of cracked wheat cereal lately, got real pancakes yesterday and nibbled on pork sausage links. lentil soup two suppers in a row...
I have seemed to learn that there are two schools of thought r.e. the artificial bone grafts and the stem cell treatments of gums to enhance the staying power of an implant. The surgeon I used is young but not a fan of the grafts much. he seems to lean more toward either your gum is or is not a good candidate.
I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not faced with a bridge as my only solution. My Mom told me "all her friends had bridges in their dresser drawers" ;D
I took the hydrocodone/combo pills two one day, one the next and stopped them as I hate the feeling plus best not on a tractor and I'm doosie enough from age, mashed finger and two hurtful extractions.
Once this frost burns off I'm out there hauling gravels to level my build site, cover my plastic foundation moisture layer and notch some more 6x10 oak beams. The same  little beauties that smasharooed my left middle finger.
I'm running out of ideas for my Betty Crocker wife to cook. Ensure isn't on the list.

kantuckid

Here's an update just in case yer on the edge of yer seat and wondering if I'm starving, etc..
Yes I am still eating soft foods. Oranges work OK as do bananas. Soups are easy. FF's and tatertots, baked taters, no on broccoli & cauliflower and carrot best be real small and tender. Todays it's 15 bean soup for supper using frozen garden maters and some chunks of country ham for flavor. 
I had my first "no molars hamburger last night. it was tasty but gotta say it was stone cold by the time I'd munched it away. 
Got a bill yesterday from the first oral surgeon I went to for $180 bucks. It was really $200 but I got a $20 courtesy reduction (their name) based on them not doing a damned thing? The doc didn't even follow through on the referral that he said he'd do. Don't you just love a bill for nothing? 
FWIW, the second dentist only charge $51 (I got a 17 courtesy discount there) for not doing anything except she did actually follow through  with a referral. The last oral surgeon was $200 each for 2 molars removed. 
The first dentist was also $51 to tweezer off my old crown which was hanging by a thread of flesh. He showed zero interest in even a referral? Another dentist/oral surgeon combo i cancelled when a closer one came up. Now I go top yet another dentist next week for fillings. $62 for a composite filling with the college's rates, my cheapo 25 yr old version where things are less expensive, whew!

Thank You Sponsors!