iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quarter sawing

Started by peterduncan, June 26, 2008, 07:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterduncan

I am new at this and I need to find out where I can get some intructive info on quarter sawing. Anybody know?

TexasTimbers

Type in the word "quartersawing" in the search function and lots of good stuff magically comes up.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

beav39

welcome ,alot of good info here enjoy!
sawdust in the blood

Greg Cook

Welcome!  Woodmizer has a set of informational DVD's done in a seminar format. These were the seminars done at the 25th Anniversary Tour.  The Quartersawing session was good, as was Getting the most $ from a Log.  Heck, they were all good, and I refresh my memory occasionally by watching them (like when I haven't had enough saw-time).

You can order them from the woodmizer site.  The info is general and applies to any saw.

Greg

"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

MemphisLogger

Try http://scottbanbury.com/quartersawing.html

I tried a variety of approaches and illustrated them here to share with other sawyers and my/their customers.
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!