iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

as I get older

Started by hiya, June 24, 2006, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiya

I was looking at a picture hanging in our living room. Them days sure was nice. No sore knees, no bad back, enough energy to do what you wanted.But now day dream and use the horse linament yourself.
This horse was given to a church camp. Nobody could ride him.That's my kind  8).I think he was mistreated. When you go in the stall he would keep his back side to you, he never kicked though. After you saddled him he kept his head to you. You just gramed the saddle horn and got on as the fireworks started. If you let him run there was no brakes.He got that horse blood desease(sp)that was around in the middle 60s.Had to put him down.
Them were the days.

Richard
RichardinMd.

sawguy21

Great picture. Looks like something out of Roy Rogers. Horses and I get along just fine as long as there is a fence between us.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

hiya

The safest place around a horse is on his back. I made the mistake of geting off when he was in one of his moods & I got a scare on the head from him trying to "get even". :o!! My hat didn't want to stay put, found out why--blood ;D
RichardinMd.

Faron

I like that picture.  Did you notice the ground got a lot harder around the turn of the century? ;)  Sometimes that staying on the back is the real trick!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

hiya

I had a stud that was about 7 when I got him never ridden. My wife would say there was more sunshine under my seat than shade :o.
Richard
RichardinMd.

Roxie

Good pictures and a great looking horse, Hiya! 

Cowboy Bob has been known to ride a few spirited knotheads too.  Matter of fact he made a living doing it for 14 years, in the early 80's and he has the broken bones to prove it.  Cold mornings or dampness he kinda looks like he's in slow motion.   :D 

Here he is on a horse called Masher at Cowtown, NJ.  This is a National Finals horse and Cowboy Bob scored 86 on this ride:

This is another picture taken in Charlestown VA he was riding Billspride and scored an 82.

This last picture is 6 seconds into the ride on Kalfka and clearly demonstrates that it is far safer to be on the horses back!  Cowboy Bob got hung up on this one and ate some dirt.

Can we get a YEE HAW!!!   :D
Say when

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Faron

I enjoy watching rodeo, and especially bullriding.  Matter of fact, I was just informed my wife has tickets for  the PBR in Greensboro, NC in September. 8) 8)  I admire anyone with the courage to do the rough stock events.  I notice many of the young PBR riders make a point of acknowledging  their Creator after a ride,  whether they are successful or not.  Cody Custer was the first I knnow of to do that.  I suppose that might put off some folks, but I like my grandsons to see that out of those tough guys.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sawguy21

That one made the ears hurt :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!