iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM LX150 questions

Started by Kindlinmaker, March 12, 2020, 12:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindlinmaker

A couple questions about WM's new mill design.  

1.  Does anyone know why WM is introducing a 4 post design on the new mills?  They use cantilever on even their biggest portable mills so I am curious about the shift. 

2.  WoodenHead posted a question on the WM Sponsor Topic which did not garner any responses. Thought I might ask it here because I am interested in the answer.  Does anyone know if WM plans to offer an electric version of the LX 150?

Thanks.
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Kindlinmaker on March 12, 2020, 12:24:27 AMDoes anyone know why WM is introducing a 4 post design on the new mills?  They use cantilever on even their biggest portable mills so I am curious about the shift.
When this came out I remember there was a comment that it was to offer it to customers who wanted that.

Here it is today from the WM web site....
Engineered for high-production sawyers who prefer a twin rail sawmill design, the LX450 twin rail hydraulic portable sawmill .......
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

From what I read it was not a change in course but an additional option.  tt was spot on with his above reply. 

Sawmills smaller than the LT28 have always been twin rails.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!