iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fans

Started by Peter Drouin, February 26, 2015, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Do you guys have fans? :D :D
I see them going up all over, Not sure if I like them yet.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

goose63

Got them all over the place trying to get that warm air up here from Arizona  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bruno of NH

Peter is that in Rumney/North Grotten ?
If that's where it is my BIL logs in the winter at the wind mill site .
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

It's windy enough here, we don't need no stinkin' fans. :D

I really don't care to see them on the ridgelines, but I do like the idea of home grown renewable energy. There are a bunch of people claiming that they are being adversely affected by strange sound waves from them or something, but I think they just need thicker tinfoil for their hats and that would go away.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jmouton

there are tons of them here in michigan,  especially in the middle of the state around mt pleasant,  and in the thumb area ,   there is a hugh dock down  in monroe ,mi,  they put the parts on trucks  and ship them down i-94 all the time  ,  hugh loads  and lots of them ,  they cost more than  they produce  , i heard it would take a really long time  like 50 or so years to pay for one windmill,   i know a person at detroit edison and he says they are just  doing it to appease the  people that want them ,,,maybe i didnt say it the right way but you get it ,,, 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Bruno of NH

The money in wind power is made by the company that puts them up.
They sell clean energy credits to the power company's that need it to off set the use of dirty power like coal .
The money's not in the power the wind mill produce.
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Bruno of NH on February 26, 2015, 12:48:59 PM
Peter is that in Rumney/North Grotten ?
If that's where it is my BIL logs in the winter at the wind mill site .
Jim/Bruno

Yes, I saw them going to look at the 990 JD
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

47sawdust

With all due respect to Forum member BradS who makes a living installing them,I don't care for them.There is something kinda creepy about them.I also don't like the new love affair with massive solar farms.Small scale wind and solar I like.I think learning to conserve and live with less will serve us and future generations much better.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

21incher

I would rather see them then a nuclear dome. The trouble is it takes so many.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Den Socling

I think they have a futuristic look up there creating clean energy. I like to see them.

loggah

Our tax money to the federal government subsidizes them , They are in no way practical,and will never pay for themselves!!! >:( >:( I know this as fact,my nephew in an Engineer for GE windpower, installs and troubleshoots them and even he admits it!! but its a great job for a young guy !!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Den Socling

Your tax dollars also goes to the oil industry.

loggah

I don't much care for that either!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

snowstorm

the only place around here that really wanted them was vinalhaven. an island 20 miles offshore. there power gets there by an under water cable. they have 3 windmills. before if the power went out they started a big cat genset. a really big one

Don_Papenburg

And them dad blame things are very noisy .  MORE SO AS IT GETS WINDIER. Then there is the low sun strobe/flash effect.    and my tax dollars wasted on ineficancy .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

r.man

I heard some interesting numbers a few years ago. The article stated how much a windmill cost to construct and how many households of electricity it would produce. I took my hydro costs for the year, multiplied it by the number of households and came up with a yearly amount. Using these numbers I calculated that the windmill could be paid for in 10 years. This would only be the original cost and would not cover mortgage or maintenance costs but it seemed promising. We are also seeing lots of these popping up in Ontario and have also heard stories of people being bothered by infrasonic sound, very low frequency sometimes miles away.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

JohnM

To say I dislike them would be an understatement, to say the least.  These 'fans' have quite literally split our town in half and after years of back and forth in the courts it appears we'll end up with five of them this summer.  The former administration really hung the people of this state (Maine) out to dry on this issue (many of whom have nice lucrative jobs in the wind industry...shocking, I know :-\). 

Maybe I just need to buy more tinfoil  ::) just like those people who's lives have effectively been destroyed, whether from sound, 'flicker', loss of property value or a combo of all three.  Shooting the messenger is such a cop-out.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

redprospector

I haven't seen any around here close by. But I did see a few going by my desert property a while back.

These things are huge! Moving them by rail.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

hacknchop

We have quite a few and more going in,trouble is  we dont need them,apparently we are paying some of our neighbors to the south to take our excess power.In Sault Ste Marie there was a beatifull little farm all black dirt now its a solar farm what waste of good farm land.
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!