iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spanish Fries

Started by Larry, March 24, 2009, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

In our quest to eat in every restaurant located in NW Arkansas we came to Ron's Hamburgers yesterday for lunch.  They had an item on the menu I've never seen before...Spanish Fries.  Eager to try something new I asked the waitress and she suggested a half order for the two of us since we were also ordering burgers.

The plate of Spanish Fries arrived...a layer of fries, a layer of fried onions, a layer of jalapeno peppers, and all smothered with hot melted cheese.  Stacked about 3" high it would have been a meal by itself for the two of us.  What a treat.  A little hot going down. smiley_rainbow_colors  And the burger was great also. :)  I doubled up on my lipitor pill last night.

I did a google and found several other recipes for Spanish Fries...anybody got a favorite to share?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ScottAR

Not Spanish fries but Shack fries....  Local place called the BBQ Shack
has Shack fries...  A plate of crinkle cut fries with a layer of
shredded pork followed by two kinds of cheese covered in BBQ sauce.

Fit for a king and will probably take days off your life...

They also have a baked potato version called.... you guessed it....

The Shack Tater. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Burlkraft

Those sound really good  digin_2 digin_2

Back in the old days I wudda ate a plate or two of them  ;D

Now it would be lettuce and carrots and tomato's with fat free dressing on top  :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Every time I see the title of this thread, I misread it.  :-*
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

That thought crossed my mind when I saw it on the menue...and I ain't gonna use no kissey smilely. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Man, yer wasting an opportunity. How often do ya get a chance to you it? :D

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Jeff on March 26, 2009, 10:09:49 AM
Man, yer wasting an opportunity. How often do ya get a chance to you it? :D

My eyes are messed up and I often see stuff different than it is.  Inthis case I saw a 'l' instead of an 'r' in the name of the thread and it gave Jeff's post a whole different implication :-[ :-X :-\     
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

I did too, Br'er Noble.  My thoughts went back to the wild tales   :-\...tails  :-\  ....tales we were told in my highschool days.   

You gotta be careful with the English Language, don't you.  :P :D

Jeff

That's what I was referring to when I posted.   Hence, the kissing smiley

Ron Wenrich

I guess that would be how a Chinese man would pronounce flies.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

WDH

I am leary of anything with fries at the end except for french fries  :).  We raised too many hogs when I was growing up not to be suspicious.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Wenrich

I went to the local pub the other night and they have 3 versions of fries.  Ringside fries are a platter of fries with longhorn and cheddar cheese, red onions and bacon.

They also have cheese steak fries.  Its on the Philly cheese steak base.  Fries, with sandwich steak, cheddar cheese and fried onions.  They'll throw some marinara sauce on as well.

The other one is Reuben fries.  Fries with corned beef, sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing.

I've only had the ringside fries one time.  We had several people at the table. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

TJB

I stopped by Rons today and tried the Spanish Fries. I ordered the small and still couldn't eat all of it.
TJB
TJ Brown
www.tjswoodshop.com

Thank You Sponsors!