iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

9'2" bandsaw bands

Started by NMFP, August 29, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMFP

Anyone know what brand or model of mill would take a 9'2" bandsaw band?  1.25" width

I have 3 boxes of them to sharpen and have no idea what mill they would go to.  Customer has no idea of brand but said that back in the late 1990's, he had a problem finding the length so he bought over 200 bands at the time.  He never sharpened any of them and now wants me to sharpen them but doesn't know anything about the mill or is manufacturer.  Any suggestions of what it might be?

hackberry jake

My first thought was lumbersmith but it uses a 94" band. Itll be a fairly small mill or a pallet resaw converted into a mill.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

5quarter

Maybe it is a vertical Shop bandsaw with 16" wheels? My neighbor has one about that size that he uses exclusively as a resaw. what is the tooth spacing?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

NMFP

They are 7/8" tooth space, 10 degree, .042" thickness. 

The gentleman does not know the brand of the mill as he said it was repainted years before he bought it and all decals were either removed or painted over before he got it.  I have not seen the mill and probably will not as the mill is in South Dakota.  He said it has a power feed that works the same as a cable drum on a circular mill.  Don't know much more than that. 

Its just an odd size and I cannot think of a machine that would use something that small.

bandmiller2

Call one of our sponsors here that make up bands they will probably know. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

NMFP

I have in a round about way done that with no real information to be provided. 

I guess my hunt will continue.

Thanks

mikeb1079

sounds like a home built or shop bandsaw converted to a bandsaw mill?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

NMFP

I am not sure but the customer says it looks to be professionally manufactured and not a home brew device.

Most of my searches are coming up dry.  I guess I will keep searching and see what else I can come up with.

Thanks guys!!

scor440

Might be the Ross bandsaw mill that was the first one in the 80's.

thecfarm

Was those made in Maine? Had a crank on each end? The log was raised instead of the head lowered. I never saw one,but not the best design I felt.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Where at in South Dakota ? if its close by maybe I can get a picture and put on here
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

shinnlinger

Delta lumber Company?  5 horse Briggs?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

NMFP

I am not sure.  Do you have any information on the delta Saws?  I know its lower hp, but not sure how low.  My customer doesn't own a computer noir cell phone so the only way for him to possibly send pictures is through snail mail.  I will get his current address as he just recently moved.

Thanks for all the help.

Thank You Sponsors!