iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to put snowstorms valmet to the test!

Started by Woodhauler, September 12, 2012, 06:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Got a spruce/ fir lot up the road that snowstorm may cut for me! Some nice softwood, tall and big!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

1270d

It sure is nice to roll good softwood through the head. Good luck

Woodhauler

Yea, he seemed  to like the wood.No underbrush, just taking the softwoods!  Guy also wants a 3-4 acre field made and snowstorm has the rigging to do it! Chance to make some extra loot while he is there!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

Bill

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

1270d

Well I suppose I could settle for a video. Or both

SwampDonkey

Nice softwood is 18" balsam and 30" red spruce log trees @ dbh. Only don't mix the loads. The spruce loads will bring is a fair bit more. ;D Saw a nice load of fir logs on the highway, chalk white in the middle. Nothing to complain about. :) Some lots not so well managed are growing garbage fir, too dense and too suppressed. I just finished a thinning (brush saws) and dropped most every fir on the ground to continue to rot. Some too big for the saw, but they should'a been cut to. The previous harvest did one heck of a number and ruined most every fir standing. I wouldn't let anyone like that near the woods. Some of the roads were typical logging contractor on private in this area. Bulldoze huge berms and make the road a ditch to fill with water. Not a single culvert nowhere on several KM of roads. I just read an article from NS and it was a little different as to why the fir was left. No markets. It was being cut to rot and make room for something else. This was a woodlot. I see lots of fir left this summer in huge piles on woodlots. The mills will never buy it now, they want fresh wood. Read an article from DNR that the wood on woodlots is being cut too small even for mills to be profitable. They need at least 16" and are getting 5-8" a lot of the times. That fits with what I see. Those cutting a lot of woodlots hate to see a tree get to size. But also be reminded that some of these mills have a high grade diameter limit mentality to. Chances are, the little 8" fir beside the 16" one you cut is just as old and probably nice and rotten in the middle. This goes back to management. Can't stand back and do nothing for decades and decide I'm going in and cut the cream. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!