iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garrett Skidder model 20 homemade muffler sound

Started by tantoy, April 06, 2015, 11:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tantoy

For those interested in the sound of the muffler i built here is a you tube link,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVi8WKYglwM
Picture of the muffler under construction

Its kinda throaty for a daily driver. I probably could have put in some more baffles.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

Ed_K

I think it sounds pretty good,but I'd have to buy more earplugs to run it all day.
Ed K

bushmechanic

Oh that's real nice. What's the good of having a Detroit if you don't hear it in another country lol.

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

sandersen

Sound's nice to me too.  They may be loud but they have a unique growl that's music to my ears.  "WHADDYA SAY?"
"Make every step count."

thenorthman

Its purrfect! Don't change a thing

Just add some cable to that winch throw the blade back on and go kill some timber and really wake up the neighbors!
well that didn't work

David-L

Detroit, good to go. Thanks for the video. Sounds good.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

tantoy

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

sandersen

I think Tantoy should win the FF's Restoration of the Year Award.  Great job!
"Make every step count."

sawyerf250

LOUD pipes save lives!  :D :D Nice looking tractor too! ;)
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

mad murdock

Excellent job on that skidder!!! It is going to be an A-1 wood getter!!  It sounds sawwwweeeet!! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

North River Energy

Nicely done.
Sounds like it means business.  Maybe shoot another clip with a full hitch behind?

sawguy21

And the neighbors in the next county will be complaining. Those beasts are LOUD!!!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dennyking

Nice job on the Garrett tantoy, I would like to follow Sandersen's lead and also nominate you for FF's Restoration of the year award.  Please keep the excellent pics comming including the final one when the rig is completely finished.

Logger RK

Thank You Sponsors!