iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lift eFoil a motorized hydrofoil surfboard that ‘flies’ over the water at 25 mph

Started by Sedgehammer, November 08, 2020, 11:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

Necessity is the engine of drive

Walnut Beast

Sedgehammer

Well, yeah, but 12k really ain't that much anyways, but if fairly popular, pricing could really come down. 

Ianab

A buddy in Auckland runs a sail powered version. Can really move, and takes surprisingly little wind to get it up on the foil. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mike_belben

12 grand is a lot to this guy.  

Laird hamilton was the first to put a foil under a board.  He was tow surfing into jaws on one in the late 90s or 2000s.  Didnt really catch on. 
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

Sedgehammer

@mike_belben not when you look at what a snow sled is, motor cycle. If ya like water, that's not really so bad

@Nebraska I hear ya, the divorce wood be costly.....

Nebraska

Tom King

Sedgehammer

Southside

I don't know.  Standing up, 2' over the water, doing 25 mph.  Something tells me when you suddenly find a sand bar or other obstacle, or the computer lets the blue smoke out suddenly, the whole "body in motion...." rule is going to apply and leave a mark.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

florida

One hour ride time, maybe, and $3,000 for another battery is going to make sales non-existent.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Cruiser_79

Funny, my cousin lives on Bonaire and since few months he rent these things.Don't know or they're exactly same, but they have electric hydrofoils.  8 months per year Bonaire is a kitesurf paradise, but when the wind is gone they want to rent these things. 
There are lots of hydrofoils for kiting around here, incredible how little wind those things need. When we are kiting with 12 m2, you see some guys foiling with 6-7 m2. To me it looks a little boring, I prefer kiting in > 30 knts  ;D

Ianab

If you want a bit more exciting, you could race AC75 class boats. That's a 75ft sailing hydrofoil that's going to be raced in next years America's Cup. NZ team launched their new boat today, and reckon it could be good for 50 knots. 

America's Cup: Team New Zealand happy with new boat's impressive foiling on debut sail | Stuff.co.nz

I think that balancing a boat that size balanced on 2 foils would be a mission. The new boat is redesigned for aerodynamics as it's practically flying. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sedgehammer

Tacotodd

Sedge, that's what I tell people about pain, that stuff HURTS! I'm allergic to it!
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!