iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knee Replacement...Now Shoulder Surgery

Started by Magicman, October 15, 2019, 07:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Ever notice they look a lot like a gator when they grin :D.

I can't take opiods, well I can take one and then I remember I can't take opiods. The brick stuck in my belly is way worse than doc hitting me with a hammer. If you aren't backing up take the meds.

On that nerve block, when they did the last one my arm was out, I looked down at some point and I had bent my fingers basswards on something. There is certainly a disconnected out of body kind of thing going on. "Man that's really gonna suck when this nerve block wears off :D.

I tell the pt's they better be able to move when I get better ;D

Magicman

The PT made his visit this morning.  Actually I was a bit apprehensive because after this past weekend, I was only able to bend the knee 90° yesterday.  Guess that I did not do my homework well enough but it's kinda tough to do stuff that hurts.

Anyway, he put me through the paces and had me at 100° when the session was over.  He said that I was OK, but he did lay out a bunch of homework exercises for me to do.  I was also able to take a few steps without any support from the walker which I could not do yesterday.

This is not me and I am not making fun of the guy, but it does go to show what some folks go through just to get around.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Could be that he picked it up for someone too and it's his only transportation. Many years back I used to bring home two bales of hay at a time for a heifer on the back of a motorcycle just like that.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

I hated and loved PT. I disliked the pain but liked the results. 

It's always a celebration when the walker gets retired and put away. It means good things are happening.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magicman

Actually SS, the guy and walker are both real.  His nickname is "shaky" and he has some kinda progressive degenerative muscular disease.  When I took the picture I thought that it was funny, but a Grandson clued me in.  The guy is just making the best of what he has.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DPatton

Lynn,

So glad to hear you are doing well and making the best of it. Keep up the good progress. With a little luck you will have weaned off the pain meds before Jeff arrives there (approximately mid February) with the 8N and wants to negotiate terms! :D :D :D
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

My PT will be here at 8:30 so I will see if I made any progress yesterday.  I realize that this will be a journey and I should not be counting steps, but what else to do when I'm just sitting here?

Marty and Ben tried to get all of the good stuff out of the Kubota yesterday so we are trying to keep the upgrade trade more even.  Da Boss's weaken state after driving through that much glaciated and uncharted territory should give me a negotiating advantage.  ;D

thecfarm

Keep those gains going!!! That is what helped out Brenda. Those degrees are important to you!! You should be gaining daily and less pain daily. :)  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on November 27, 2019, 08:34:21 AM

Marty and Ben tried to get all of the good stuff out of the Kubota yesterday so we are trying to keep the upgrade trade more even.  Da Boss's weaken state after driving through that much glaciated and uncharted territory should give me a negotiating advantage.  ;D

Not if I get this Hemi in and running.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on November 27, 2019, 10:16:58 AMNot if I get this Hemi in and running.
Well that paints quite the picture in my head! :o
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

btulloh

Jeff, this will get you there a little quicker.

HM126

Magicman

A Chevy engine in a Ford?  That would only blow your lug nuts off!!!  ::)

The PT made his visit this morning.  Some gain and some (much) pain because he is pushing stuff that don't want to get pushed.  :-\  My assignment is to really concentrate on on my homework stretches.

He also took the original bandage off and re-dressed the incision.  No staples nor stitches so I guess that it was glued.

I am now allowed to use a walking stick some each day.  

WV Sawmiller

I guess if walking is going to be part of your therapy you will have to take that old boo-ray seat off the mill and start trekking.

Glad to see the progress you are making. Happy Turkey Day. My customer from yesterday is going with his wife and BIL today to pick up her sister who just had a new knee installed up at WVU hospital in Morgantown so I have to finish his order alone. I see the sun peeping out so I better get back too it. Be careful and don't have a relapse. Now about that shoulder....
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Andries

Your track record of posting photos of food and body parts is relentless! 
😆
Looking good Mr. Magic, it's not plastic surgery to make you lookin' any more sexy, but your dance floor moves next month will wow the Missus.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Andries on November 27, 2019, 12:45:17 PM
Your track record of posting photos of food and body parts is relentless!
😆
When I was actively working in EMS I used to tell my male trauma patients that 'chicks dig scars'. If that actually is true then MM must need a stick to beat all the women off. Probably why he is practicing with that walking stick. ;D ;D :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Magicman

Peddling this upside down bicycle that doesn't go anywhere reminded me of this long ago song that didn't go much of anywhere either.  Just a fun ditty.
Melanie : Brand New Key (HQ) Live - YouTube

Old Greenhorn

Always loved that gals voice, she had a good range. BTW, MM, do you know what a metaphor is? Yeah, I like that tune too, brings back some good memories.
 Keep on keepin' on man.

petefrom bearswamp

sounds like you are making excellent progress.
Take it slow lynn
I tried sawing with no carrying of slabs and lumber after 3 weeks which was a mistake.
Another hard lesson learned.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

GAB

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on November 28, 2019, 08:01:51 AM
I tried sawing with no carrying of slabs and lumber after 3 weeks which was a mistake.
Another hard lesson learned.
Mr. Zumba:
Sounds like your patience and mine are about the same.
VERY LOW.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

YellowHammer

Boy, ain't that the truth.  I carried a 5 gallon bucket full of water about the same time and that was a mistake.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

rjwoelk

Good to hear your progressing. Best wishes from Saskatchewan, canada. Robert woelk.
That song brought back old memories,  she is better looking than I envisioned.  Lol
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Ron Scott

Sounding good! Pain begins when the PT's get ahold of you. ;)
~Ron

dgdrls

best wishes for a full recovery Lynn,
do your homework and
keep us posted,

D

Southside

Wow that incision looks great.  I wonder if your surgeon is a wood worker too?  Maybe he used some of his Titebond II on it. ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

He should have used titebond III.  It is waterproof ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!