iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What on earth?

Started by Jeff, September 04, 2020, 11:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Plant or animal?? I've never saw such a thing before. In my landscaping stone found while looking for rocks for my tumbler.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

hmmmm.  I do not know.  is it stuck on the rock pretty well?  looks like a bunch of legs like a centipede, but also fern like.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

JV

My search says it is a Crowned Slug caterpillar that turns into a brown moth.  The fringe hairs are stingers but how toxic I don't know.  They supposedly feed on hardwoods.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

thecfarm

It better turn pretty quick!!!! :snowman:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ljohnsaw

Great close up!  Does anyone else see in the bright green the totem-pole like stack of faces? :)  The bottom lip of one is the eyebrows of the the one below.

Before I read the replies, I was thinking some sort of alien invasion! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

KEC

As an army buddy I knew would say: I've been to two county fairs, three hog calls, and six goat ropings and ain't never seen anything like that."

Jeff

I put it in an acrylic box tonight. Hope to get a picture of it's feet tomorrow.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!