iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' 2021 ??

Started by Magicman, December 31, 2020, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Quote from: Magicman on November 26, 2021, 08:44:46 PM
That is the longest available but I wish that it was a foot longer.
Sounds to me like it is time for an MM revision A.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Old Greenhorn

Man I wish I had one of those thumbs on the ToolCat with the forks mounted. Handling those 18-20' logs on a narrow machine is tough enough. It would be the cats pajamas to have for handling piles of slabs to dump in the OWB. I can never fit enough on the forks that they don't keep sliding off.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Quote from: GAB on November 26, 2021, 09:12:33 PMSounds to me like it is time for an MM revision
I may wish but that ain't happening.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moosehunter

Fellow member @Garlic man  came by yesterday to saw up some cherry and walnut he had dropped off earlier. Didn't put the blade to log until 10 am ( a comedy of errors on both parties) but finished by 12:30.

He had the tarp on before I thought of pictures. There are two nice walnut slabs on top, came from a half log that maybe split from a storm. 
Then we had venison hot sausage samiches. A good morning!
Oh, he also left these for us, besides his craftsmanship with wood he makes some awesome candy

On the right, peanut clusters. On the left homemade butter fingers.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SETexan

Actually my first time to saw in years and post in this thread but so far we've enjoyed the little time we've put into it. Our first cant was an old hickory then a white out that was freshly cut since the top was broke out after last years hurricane. 

Hickory 

White Oak

HM130MAX on home built trailer
L3940 Kubota

burdman_22

Milled some maple with my dad in Kentucky this weekend. Got this log off of a guy that desperately wanted to cut them into firewood....took me 4 months to get him to sell/trade them to me. In the end all he wanted was a dump truck load of but ends from the sawmill.

Tom King

Burdman, that last picture needs to be on a wall!

Southside

The picture with just the slabs against the wall made me think that you have invented the sawyers version of the "Dancing Bears" stickers that were famous with Dead Heads.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

burdman_22

Quote from: Southside on November 28, 2021, 10:18:00 PM
The picture with just the slabs against the wall made me think that you have invented the sawyers version of the "Dancing Bears" stickers that were famous with Dead Heads.  :D
lol I had to look this up to figure out what you were even talking about

Resonator

Wowzers! :o I see table tops ($$$ ;D).
I'm guessing a pretty big chainsaw mill to cut those?
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

burdman_22

Quote from: Resonator on November 29, 2021, 10:42:14 AM
Wowzers! :o I see table tops ($$$ ;D).
I'm guessing a pretty big chainsaw mill to cut those?
I wish I had figured out how to sell these things...haha, I have tons of big slabs now...just sitting around. In a few months I'm going to have to transport all of my stock from Alabama to Kentucky since my wife will be getting orders soon :S
I have an 84 inch chainsaw mill and a 59 inch chainsaw mill. The 84 inch can do like 75 inches or so.

richhiway

some nice Cherry Slabs,today.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

richhiway

Who likes the crotch figure?
Woodmizer LT 40
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Southside

Pretty Cherry, but I think you need to adjust the focus, or balance, or something on your camera.  The ground looks all bleached out, can't see anything other than white.   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

hersnsh#590

Southside:  That's not snow, it's just a heavy morning frost.

Dale
TK 1600, small sugaring operation, a bench full of J'reds, a tired ford 1710, new to us JD 5065e, 2 Honda 4 whlrs, a Can-Am 580 on tracks, and a very understanding wife.

Magicman

Another 20'X12"X12" comes off of the sawmill this morning.  This one had some wain but the customer was expecting it.  This is a sorta unusual job not knowing when we will and will not be able to saw.  I know we will saw tomorrow and there are at least 30 more logs scattered about but we might pull the plug tomorrow evening.  ??  The customer can't find help and he has work obligations of his own.  It's just a messed up deal.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

Not a camera issue, You've scorched your eyeballs SS.
It's called 'snow blindness' aka severe eye strain.
There must be a local artisan that could carve a pair of Inuit snow goggles for you. See MM below on the Deere? snow/frost googles
Or, hide out in the house with an adequate supply of adult beverages for four days.
Doc Henderson may cast doubts on my diagnosis, but prolly endorse the beverage part of the cure. 😎
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

I would engage in the adult beverage portion of your cure, but if you see Magicman on the Deere then I am saddned because you have consumed all of the cure and left none for me.   :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Ain't me, I took da picture.  ;D

Andries

Yep, need to remove my snow goggles before posting! 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

TimW

Today I sawed this.............

into this.................

16 foot full size SYP 2x6s.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

WDH

I hope that you have treated them for powderpost beetles otherwise you may be in for some not so good surprises. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Quote from: WDH on November 30, 2021, 09:47:33 AM

I hope that you have treated them for powderpost beetles otherwise you may be in for some not so good surprises.

I thought PPB did not like pine?  

WDH

You are right.  I meant to quote burdman but screwed it up.  He was mentioning all the big hardwood slabs that he has.  See his comment below:

" I wish I had figured out how to sell these things...haha, I have tons of big slabs now...just sitting around. In a few months I'm going to have to transport all of my stock from Alabama to Kentucky since my wife will be getting orders soon :S"

Powderpost beetles are certainly a significant risk for hardwood slabs that are exposed for a long time. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!