iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pacific North American Heat Wave

Started by Percy, June 28, 2021, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

quadracutter222

I am on the east coast of the Island, made it sawing to about 9 am this morning.  Why must one line up orders in the summer lol

Have a 12v fan on the way to mount on the mill!  

Old Greenhorn

It was miserable enough yesterday and my body was spent from the day before, so I just did light work and not much of it. Can't imagine how you guys are feeling out there. It was only 90 here with 60% humidity. Keep taking on water folks.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Peter Drouin

I sawed all day, Going to saw all day today too. Heat or no heat. Winter will be here soon enuff. 
I got clean-up jump in the Hot Rod and chase tail. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Sixacresand

Keep drinking water and don't let the "monkey jump on your back"
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

alan gage

A heat wave in the PNW is anything over 80, right?

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Southside

Growing up a heat wave was technically 3 days in a row 80 or above, the weather man was on TV telling folks to check their neighbors, check your pets, etc.

Here now we call that February.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

Quote from: alan gage on June 29, 2021, 09:30:20 AM
A heat wave in the PNW is anything over 80, right?

Alan
It depends where we are. That would be true on the west coast of Vancouver Island but is a warm late spring day here in the interior. We don't worry until we get in the high 90's but the temperatures now are a bit much. 117 in Lytton yesterday! :o The town is on a bench in the Fraser Canyon and is frequently the hot spot in Canada.
We are a couple of hundred miles from there but it was still 109 yesterday and today will be worse. Thank goodness it is not humid!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

alan gage

Wow, that is a bit much. What are normal summer temps for your area?

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

BradMarks

West Coast is normally upper 70's to low 80's this time of year. We usually have our hottest weather in late July-August. On Sunday it got to be 111, all time since records have been kept. 116 yesterday in Salem, only high 90's here, 108 in the mountain valleys yesterday.  No escape around here. 

Mike W

Hit 110 yesterday, 115 today, not a cloud or breeze in sight, perfect timing for us being in the middle of framing a 3 story house  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!