iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My drivers license

Started by Bruno of NH, January 15, 2022, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I had my license renewal on Friday.
I was worried about them pulling my license because of my mobility and anxiety issues I have been having. 
It took me a bit to get into the building with crutches but made it out with my renewal. 
4 more years I probably won't make it that long.
I'm glad it's over, only the second time I went in a building in 2 years.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fluidpowerpro

I'm sure your glad to have that over with. One day at a time and do it again when the time comes.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Did you have the option to get the Federal Driver's license? I assume all states offer it now and it provides better access to so places.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV Sawmiller

That looks to be the one. I had to show my DD214 and they added me as a veteran. I think I used my passport so now I can use it in place of a birth certificate in many if not all cases and I think it is accepted at all airports. I know some state driver's licenses are/were not accepted as proof of ID by TSA because they were not rigid enough in their verification processes.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Here in NY, they offer what's labeled "enhanced" drivers license!

They cost more, but they can be used for crossing the border, in leu of a passport, mine also indicates that I am a Veteran!

I haven't heard the term Federal Drivers License, other than when I was in the USAF and held a Military Drivers License!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don P

The young lady that did my card last time just smiled when I said yes to her organ donor question. They've got all the holographics on the card now. I'm pretty sure I can twist it in the light and make out 4F under the organ donor star. She seemed like such a nice girl  :D

peakbagger

NH now does real ID but its voluntary. For folks who do not travel on aircraft they can skip it. I used to travel so I have it. There really isnt info tied to it that is not readilly available to a law enforcement. It just takes a bit of extra ID. 

WV Sawmiller

Chuck,

I think that is the REAL ID mentioned above. It is an option and not required and it does cost something like $10 more IIRC. It has a little flag verifying veteran's status if you show your DD 214. I think you have to show a passport or birth certificate to verify citizenship. 

Don,

I had never heard of anyone having/checking the "N/A" option as an organ donor. :D
Howard Green

HemlockKing

In NS everyone's a organ donor until you opt out
A1

Bruno of NH

The girl asked if I still wanted my motorcycle endorsement and I said yes.
I could still get a trike some time or a Ural.
I have some Putin mittens on the way for running the mill.
They would fit in with the Ural
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Chuck White

Ya @Bruno of NH , I still have my motorcycle endorsement too, haven't been on one since '82!

It's a lot easier to leave it on there, vs getting it added back on later!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Chuck White on January 16, 2022, 06:18:29 PM
Ya @Bruno of NH , I still have my motorcycle endorsement too, haven't been on one since '82!

It's a lot easier to leave it on there, vs getting it added back on later!
I wasn't giving it up , it would be like giving in ! 
I'm not doing that 

Ed_K

Ma. has the real I.D. you show the dd214, birth certificate and a copy of a bill that proves you lived in ma. Rita an I didn't give up our motorcycle license's either, my son just bought an 88 kawsaki voyager been setting for 3 yrs and he's going to make a trike out of it and bring it home for Rita an I to ride. I like the idea as I haven't been on a bike since 2001. Rita not so much  :(.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!