iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

RV Woes....now OK

Started by Magicman, May 05, 2022, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some that attended the "Project" were aware that I got into a bit of turbulence while traveling to the Project which sucked the side off of the RV.  There was no inside damage but after the Project we made the return trip back home instead of continuing on our trip.  I did not want to chance getting it wet but it did.

Yup, the interior of the wall did get wet while traveling but I covered it when we got back home and it dried out.

This Model 219 RKS RV is a "made to order" unit by Allen Camper Mfg. in Allen, OK. I called the hands on owner Doug Peay, who told me to bring it to him.  (By clicking on the website you will find much about the history of this Mfg.)

I cut off an old cover and made a bra to keep it dry while making the 530 mile trip.  Good thing I did because we were in much rain while traveling.

They began working immediately and we were able to spend the night in it.  The total time for the repair was two men 1½ days.

There is a seam top to bottom where the replacement Fiberglas panel mated with the existing but the graphics tied it together quite nicely.  They also used a much wider molding around the front cap and added it to the other side as well.

Even though this RV is 7 years old, Doug totaled the labor and materials and cut it in half leaving me owing $1250.  I was very pleased.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Wow! Sounds like it ended up working out well and they treated you right and your happy 👍

doc henderson

Still, lots of good people in business these days.  sorry I was working so much as we would have loved to have met you part way.  It is 4.5 hours away from us.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

Glad to hear and see you got it home and repaired without further problems.  

Every company has problems from time to time - the difference is in how a company handles them. It would appear you were well treated. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

okmulch

We would have been glad to meet up with you for lunch or dinner if we had known you were in the state. You were only a couple hours away. Glad you were able to get it fixed in a timely manner. 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Thank You my Friend.  I knew that we were close, but actually our wait time was minimal considering what was done.  Actually our spare time got a new priority because PatD forgot her 'hanging clothes' so we drove over to Ada so we (she) could regain her happiness.  ::)

I read about this small independent Mfg on an RV Forum and after reading their website, PatD and I took a trip, toured the factory, and met the owners.  We were allowed full access to the assembly line and went inside while some of the units that were being assembled.  The decision was easy and the wait for the build was a month.  I am not aware of any other Mfg in the US that offers a 24' fifth wheel with a slide. 

Mother's Day prevented us from spending more time in OK, but we did travel the Winding Stair Parkway (again) to Mena, AR.  The head wind beginning South of Pine Bluff was more expensive than the $$ cost of gasoline. :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

firefighter ontheside

Thats a fine repair and I'm glad they took care of you so well.  Some others would not have.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

TroyC

Glad you got it fixed! Hope to see you next year at Jake's!

Magicman

We are looking forward to it Troy.  8)

Thank You Sponsors!