iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Excavator/ Skidsteer all in one

Started by Walnut Beast, August 12, 2022, 03:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Mecalac! If you haven't heard of these units you will . Been in the US for five years and they are getting pretty popular. Skid, excavator, telehandler all in one. A friend in Colorado that sells these said they are pretty hot units. One of several videos on it from YouTube

https://youtu.be/vjOajmw2du0

chevytaHOE5674

Saw one at a farm show a while back. Like any "combo" machine it looked mediocre at best at everything it did. 

BargeMonkey

Excavator operator shows off Engcon tiltrotator’s capabilities - YouTube

☝️ other than maybe some reach, one of those EngCon tiltrotators will take that other machines lunch money. 

Riwaka

The chinese and japanese tend to have 'innovative' design of the week for some of their construction products.

Brits/ Euros do that too.
JCB 110 Hydradig - used in many forms drain cleaning, hedge trimming, round hay bale loading, trailer towing, rail line excavator (road pothole fixer version) etc can use a lot of the 3CX attachments. Blade one end and stabilizer feet the other and options. Wheels enable the machine to be driven from job to job if they are close. (Some of the Euro custom set up wheel Hitachi and Volvo excavators have a bit of multiuse)

New JCB HYDRADIG 110W excavator walkaround | ELMIA WOOD 2017 - YouTube

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike dee

Notice they don't show the machine driving around with the 3,000# pallet of pavers? Pushing a little wet snow isn't very impressive. Having to keep the blade down to make a lift isn't practical either.

Mecalac website provides ZERO info on things like lift capacity vs distance, hydraulic flow rates and pressures.

A tilt-rotator would take my money fast.
Bozeman Saw 26"x124"

Walnut Beast

Go look up Dirt monkey on YouTube where they were lifting a 5000+ pallet of pavers to the side. Also V Belt and sons on YouTube bought one. They are the real deal from everything I'm hearing. Not bad 5000 lb pallet by a guy that doesn't know how to run it.

https://youtu.be/QsDQTkqGgEE

Walnut Beast

This is another one of their machines. The wild swing loader

https://youtu.be/5xdXSyP16bU

Bruno of NH

They are the real deal.
Seen them hitting job sites in NH 
They bring them in at Boston Mass.
They will be all over in 4 years.
I asked a guy 3 years ago about one he was running on a road building job in Tilton NH.
Liked it much and they had no problems with it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Gary_C

I am having trouble thinking of a single use for forks sticking out the side and perpendicular to the drive direction. You can't set down nor pick up even a four-way pallet.  ???

Without a squirt boom it would be totally worthless.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Walnut Beast

V Belt that's a big time YouTuber with thousands of followers. A guy that does logging and mulching  had a CAT 310 and been around many many excavators spent his money on one. 7,000 lb 15 feet in the air not to bad. And he has a Kubota kx080 excavator

https://youtu.be/VciuJwWV6jM

Satamax

Quote from: Gary_C on August 22, 2022, 12:47:06 PM
I am having trouble thinking of a single use for forks sticking out the side and perpendicular to the drive direction. You can't set down nor pick up even a four-way pallet.  ???

Without a squirt boom it would be totally worthless.
I don't know much about those ones. Mecalac bought Ahlmann and this is what the loaders are. German patents and build.  On advantage i can see, in a narrow job, you could load in front, and unload to the side in the tipper. Remember that in europe, we don't have as much room as you do. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Resonator

I could see a side rotating loader would be handy for dumping rock on culvert ends, road shoulder work, or backfilling trenches while driving alongside.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Riwaka

The Downunder version of the European quick hydraulic swap (in forwarder cab) between log processor and grapple.

Extra engineering to get the flows right for the waratah processor.
This Doherty? (kinshofer) one does quick swap for waratah 624C processor, fixed grapple, dangle? felling head and excavator non-tilt dig bucket on Sumitomo/ Linkbelt 300 excavator.

New Logging Quick Coupler set up, First look - YouTube

Satamax

Well, the latest thing which arrived at my place. Forks, bucket, 4 in 1 bucket. And i need to adapt the grapple. All obviously quick attach. 

Walnut Beast

Congratulations! Looks pretty nice and going to be very handy!

enwinn

Quote from: mike dee on August 21, 2022, 10:57:44 AM
Notice they don't show the machine driving around with the 3,000# pallet of pavers? Pushing a little wet snow isn't very impressive. Having to keep the blade down to make a lift isn't practical either.

Mecalac website provides ZERO info on things like lift capacity vs distance, hydraulic flow rates and pressures.

A tilt-rotator would take my money fast.
That threw me at first too, but then I noticed a little cloud icon toward the top right with a down arrow that when you mouse hover flies out a clickable download link for their brochure. For example, if you go look at any of the MCR pages - 6MCR, 8MCR, 10MCR the download is the same for each page since they just provide a series brochure for all 3.

About the first 2/3 of the brochure is the typical marketing eyeball candy but the last 3rd gives details on options, features, attachments, and model specifications and technical data like digging reach and depth, lift capacities with forks and loading hook (for both types of boom they offer) along with flow rate/pressure aux etc.

With the price jumps over the past 3 years ago, they are quite expensive - new and used.

I swapped several emails with Mecalac North America in early September 2022 asking about the 6MCR and 8MCR:

"I can tell you that an average retail price for a loaded up 6MCR is approximately $140,000.00, and an 8MCR is around the $170,000.00 mark.  These estimates include a loader bucket, a digging bucket, and pallet forks."

Not a great comparison but a quote I got from a JCB dealer on 2/7/2023 for a JCB 3TS-8T with just an 84" GP bucket was $116,230.43

I also asked Mecalac NA about the 7MWR and 9MWR which is similar to a smaller version of the JCB Hydradig:

"The 7MWR, set up the same as I quoted the other units, would be around the $175,000.00 mark, and the 9MWR around $212,000.00"

I follow Ben Canonica on Instagram. He runs a 10MCR and 11MWR along with some other equipment and does some serious work with both.

Comparing the specs between the Mecalac 11MWR and the JCB Hydradig is pretty interesting. They seem pretty comparable even though the 11MWR is equipped with a 75hp Deutz 3.6L vs the Hydradig with a 109hp JCB EcoMAX 4.4L

FWIW, a seller of a new Mecalac AS600 is asking $99,000.

Thank You Sponsors!