iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberJack skidder with Cummings engine

Started by pharmvet, November 17, 2022, 07:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pharmvet

Did any 200 series TimberJack skidders come with a Cummings engine? 

ehp

yes, 230A and 240a, b and c all had the 4bt or 4bta

ehp

just depends on the year , the later built machines all had cummins

pharmvet

Where are some good internet sites to look for these machines?!

BargeMonkey

FB Marketplace, machinerytrader.com, depends what model your looking for and what you wanna spend. 240C is the one to own if your going to buy one.

pharmvet

What is it about the 240c that makes it  stand out and more desirable?

BargeMonkey

The 240C had IMO the only good winch Timberjack ever used on a small skidder because it was a Deere winch 😆 The 240C almost has a cult following / online, not enough of them around / left. The 205-240s where easy to get in / out of, pretty easy to work on, parts weren't hard to get, there's still quite a bit of aftermarket parts support for them. Like anything else the iron has gotten bigger, Deere already had the 540s when they bought Jack and they quit being made end of 01-mid 02 ? 

ehp

good shape 230/240 with cummins are worth pretty good money thou, about the cheapest skidder to log with per 1000 as parts are pretty cheap compared to the rest 

pharmvet

Are all 240 C winch skidders or were there any with grapple? 

ehp

I have seen a few pictures but no in person of grapples on them but cannot say forsure if timberjack made that machine or someone else put a grapple on a 240 .  Quite a few 240C around here .  .  I live about 45 minutes from where timberjack machines were made. Lots of the 200 series machines here .  Clark was built an hour from here . Not so many of those skidders around 

pharmvet

In your opinion, what would be the advantage of owning a 240 C over a 380 B? 

BargeMonkey

380B is bigger, auto, 6cyl, 240C was 4cyl and manual. Depends how much wood you wanna cut and how much money you wanna spend. Sharps had a factory 240B or C sell a while ago, single arch but you don't see many of them. Flat ground a single arch works ok. 

ehp

380B is alot bigger skidder , I looked at a couple of them . The 240C is alot better skidder at skidding good wood in select cuts where you have to be very carefull not to touch the other trees , the 380B will pull alot of weight per hitch but is wider as well 

ehp

If your just looking for a skidder I know of where there is a clark 666D that is a one owner machine and short frame so very good at going threw the bush, we bought 1 and this guy bought the other machine at same time but just passed away , I myself feel those machines were the best skidders I have drove , nothing ever breaks , strong winch , 6 cylinder cummins so it will start in the cold when you do not want it to start and in your money its dam cheap 

barbender

I have to say, putting a g on Cummins is a major pet peeve. It's always been Cummins. My Dad does this and it drives me nuts. I used to tell him, "Dad, it's just Cummins- there's no g at the end." Fell on deaf ears, or he's just trying to get under my skin😁
Too many irons in the fire

hacknchop

Cummings, Cummings,Cummings  okey dokey Cummins either way great power.
Often wrong never indoubt

Southside

Well it fell on deaf ears because he had been running a Detroit instead of a Cummins.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!