iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safely Back from SAWLEX

Started by maple flats, June 04, 2005, 08:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Kitty and I made it home to VA a short time ago (Sunday eve).  We made a visiting detour after that GREAT Forestry Forum get together.   Stopped today and took in a ham radio flea market on the way home.   What a great weekend!

Look for a post later with links to over 100 full size pictures for downloading.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Brad_S.

My stop at Sawlex was in conjunction with a trip to Cinci to visit my sis. I only got to spend a few hours at Sawlex and just a few moments at the FF booth. I'm very sorry to have missed meeting and conversing with you characters. ;D
Made the trip both ways safe and sound and look forward to my OWN bed tonight. :)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

The stump jumpers made it home safely at 9:15 p.m. Sunday had to go through some rough winds and thunderstorms.

Here is a pic of custom sawyer's heavy duty tie down :D :D :D :o :o

I have more pics I will post them later after I get a long nap. ;) ;)
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

redpowerd

QuoteHere is a pic of custom sawyer's heavy duty tie down     

what a great term for 'suspenders' ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

GareyD

Tom, Harold,  DanG and I got into my place here in Georgia about 10pm Sunday evening...only took about 14 hours to get here...all the state troopers weren't in W. Virginia...I hadta hold it under a 100 mph most of the way home  :D :D :D

The guys left here around 8 this morning...DanG oughta be home sometime around lunchtime, Tom sometime around supper time and poor Harold might be home by morning  :o :o :o

I'm not real positive, but I think Harold should win the mileage award for traveling the farthest to Sawlex  ;) I know he wins the time award...he left home last Tuesday  :) :) :) :)

It was great to finally meet everyone, y'all are a great bunch of folks....
plus I got to introduce Kirk to his new "best" friend "Spanky" smiley_monkeyfight  :D :D :D  ;D  ;D :D :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

OneWithWood

Got home safe and sound Sunday around 3pm, Indiana time.  Driving time was around 6.5 hours.  I took a different route home and saved about a half hour.  It was a more scenic route with a lot less constuction.
The drive was definately worth it to meet up again with folks I met at last years piggy roast and to finally meet others.  I always come away from meeting other forum members totally impressed with the quality of folks that hang out here. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sparks

Major hassles trying to get to the show. Was able to spend about an hour Saturday and had to go. Sorry I couldn't meet everyone. Maybe we'll hookup at another time. :'(
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Kirk_Allen

Garey,
Spanky is doing great ;D  I am looking for a pair of rubber boots for him to wear at the piggy roast logg rolling contest.  Dont want his feet to get cold and wet ;D  Hope to have his leather hat finished by then as well.  Spanky needs to be dressed properly for the piggy roast!

He is running low on those little brown crucnhy candies though.  Got to resupply soon!  I may check the hospital and see what they can give him :D

Teri

Dad just arrived and is already giving me a bad time!!!

OneWithWood

Teri,

Your dad is a jewel.  Whenever he gets down on you for some meanial thing just remind him to see 'The Big Picture'   :D
One With Wood

DanG

"Big Picture?"  Hmmmm, where have I heard that before? :D :D 

Got here about 2pm yesterday.  Harold & Tom only tarried long enough for me to unload my stuff and off they went.  As GareyD mentioned, we overnighted at his place going up and coming back.  Somehow, they managed to make us feel like family and honored guests, all at the same time.  I feel very sure that I have some new close friends and we will meet again soon. :) :)

When H & T picked me up last Wed. Tom commented that someone had just mowed the lawn. When we got back, a mere 5 days later, I almost had to get out the metal detector to find the DanG mower! >:(  Came in from a 2000 mile round-trip, and rode some more.  Just what I needed. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom_in_Mo.

DanG you mentioned that you thought that a metal detector was going to have to be used in finding a lawnmower, well when I got home I thought the same thing, but to find my truck for all the dust. It hasn't rain here in these parts for about 8 weeks. I have already bought last year hay and turned my cattle into the hay fields. I think it would "go crunch" when I walk on it in certain parts of the hay fields. I have already had one pond to go dry. I guess its a good time to clean her out.

Are you guys going to the pig roast?

Teri

OWW... I'll just send him your way!  :D :D

OneWithWood

Funny thing about grass.  When I got home I tarried just long enough to unload my dirty clothes, change into work clothes, pet the dogs, go out to the greenhouse and kiss the wife.  Then I jumped on the mower and mowed until a nasty thunderstorm, complete with hail, rolled in. :o  Oh,well I was tired and so I watched the storm from the workshop wondering how the greenhouse would fare.  It came through unscathed  8)
Tried to finish the mowing Monday evening but I broke the mower not 10 minutes into it  >:(  Add it to the list!  Cut up slabs instead.  Kept thinking about a way to attach the 038 to one of the 10' x 24" roller conveyors to help speed up the process.  Fortunately my photographic memory and digital technology ensured that I had a good prototype to work from.  Someday I will fab it up.
Yesterday I repaired a flat on the F250.  Today I am going to continue to side the barn.
It's good to be home, if only briefly.  The boss man wants me to be in Hyannis, Ma this weekend. :(
One With Wood

Ron Wenrich

Hey DanG

Just kinda curious if Garey still has that rooster.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Wife

hey guys and gals.
I made it home!!! Boy its good to be home again. :)
just getting geared up for New Zealands show now.
Would like to thank all those who i meet at the sawlex show and to all those who helped me with setting up the mill for the shoot out and again after the shoot out. i wont name you all because there were so many of you, and with all those peterson hats and shirts i felt like I was at home.( Even the cheerleader was cool)(tammy from log rite)
Special thank you to Captain for not only doing a great job at the show and in the shoot out, but for taking the time to organise the site for the "forestry forum" and giving us all a chance to catch up with one another and share some stories. I'd do a show with you anytime. 8)
For those who i had already meet it was cool catching up with you all again.
BTW, it is cold here, we had a good frost this morning, but it was a lovely day with not a cloud in the sky.
Until next time, harae ra (pronounced, hi-re ra) meaning good bye.
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

DanG

Glad to hear you made it home, Chris.  I enjoyed seeing you again.  I'm sure Kerris is glad to have her Wife back! ;) ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

It was good seeing you again, Chris.  You might have gotten the prize for who came the furthest.  :D

Your right, Captain deserves a  Kudo for his organizational skills and fore thought.  Y'all are good examples of the fact that competing companies  can get along in the business environment.

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Chris.

Hope your trip was as smooth as ours.  ::)

Sure was good to finally meet you.  You and Cap'n put on a real demo with them Petersons.

Say Hi to Kerris.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

maple flats

Hi Chris, is there a thread explaining why your screen name is WIFE, or is it better noone knows?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

Kerris, is actually wife and thee wife. Chris got in the habit of posting under Kerris's login, although I am sure he has his own somewhere. I may have to go look that up. Maybe we oughta let Chris keep wife and get Kerris a new handle.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!