the actual weight is over 26,000 irrigardless of reg
                          no violation        "phew"

For any trailer over 10,000 lbs
                               inspection is required    violation

seat belt is required       violation

medical certificate is required     violation

for any truck over 10,000 lbs
                                  fire extinguisher required      violation

reflector triangles required          violation

DOT # displayed on side of truck    violation

misc.     

at least I have a dot #      major violation avoided
                         over hang off trailer 4 ft without flag    3' 8" is ok   violation avoided

ignorance is no excuse but silver tounged pleasant chatter about lumber logs nice police nice women police ex high school teaching etc does/did help :P

final outcome one ticket for no trailer inspection and 5 warnings :o ;D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DWM II

Thats what I call a lesson! :o. Sad thing is, sounds like a lesson on TAXATION!
Stewardship Counts!

sawguy21

Waddya need a seat belt on the trailer for?  ;D My trucker buddy almost decked a commercial transport inspector who, uninvited, jumped on the step and stuck his nose in looking for a seatbelt violation. Here, they are the law for everybody except older vehicles that were not originally equipped.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

Been there, done that.
Only one ticket for the company as they said it was ok, so I went along with it. ::)
Let us off with one violation insead of two, and could have found several more if he kept looking.
He was happy to get his $265 and let me go with only one.

Anyone using a truck for business REALLY needs to check out the rules in your state.
You can press your luck for a while, but ya never know when you'll get caught.

Don_Papenburg

Illinois is strapped for cash , so if you have a truck pulling a trailer with tandem or duals .  You need to make sure that your brakes opperate properly . Electric brakes make sure the trailer batery is charged and brakaway works . and then there is all of the other things mentioned above. Almost forgot if you have sides on the trailer make sure you strapdown /secure your load . even the smallest board .broom or shovel. If it can move it has to be fastened down .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

woodmills1

thinking this morning about what if the truck and trailer were old beaters maybe like looked bad but well maintained............

didn't mention that the one ticket is $72 so I guess its not that bad.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Mooseherder

Quote from: LA. SAWYER on December 13, 2006, 07:08:19 PM
Thats what I call a lesson! :o. Sad thing is, sounds like a lesson on TAXATION!

Isn't New Hampshire's Creed  "Live Free Or Die" ;D

woodmills1

Yes it is, I guess ifin ya doesn't have a trailer over 10,000 lbs. ;D

so anyway I have the extinguisher and triangles in the truck.  The dot numbers are on the side and I see the doctor on Monday.  I sent my updated infor to the Dot and will be looking for a place that is liscensed to do trailer inspections today. I wore my seat belt all day yesterday driving just the one ton.  Ya doesn't hasta tell me twice.

Thank You Sponsors!