iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MARK M MAKES DA T.V. NEWS

Started by Jeff, August 25, 2003, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I heard that now he wants to direct. :D

Check it out. LINK>>MARK THE MOVIE. Way ta go Mark, we're proud of ya!

Video is large. 3 megs

Stills from the video:

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Tom

Jeff

He sure had that band sawing nice and flat that day didn't he?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jason_WI

Cool video! Way to go, a Lumbermate user on TV.

Hopefully all this attention this doesn't hamper your ability to saw where you are located. Someone on the local zoning board could see it and go ape****.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Tom

Yep.  must've spent all night getting it ready. :D

How much lead time did they give you Mark?

Notice how clean his yard is too ;D

chet

Anybody dat would buy a sawmill in a treeless state deserves ta be on TV.  ;D  

I still can't beleave yur neighbors are so understanding.   :-/  Although you do resemble dat Santa Claus guy a little.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Fla._Deadheader

I am impressed. The Neighbor Sawyer.  My hat's off to you, Mark. Well done.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Good show Mark.
I have watched it three times so far.I was sitting here watching it with a big grin,thinking that we saw that mill go from the box, through assembly, right to prime time 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Mark that's very cool. :) Me thinks you need an agent. 8) I can do that as I know alot about home movies, ;D ;D How bout an 80/20 split??? 80 for me and 20 for you??? :D

Steve

Percy

Heya Mark.

Gots the new computer and I watched that a couple of times ya!! Its so very cool. The Honda sounds like a biggass Harley. It was done very well. 8) 8)

Up here in Terrace(nuther name for Wheredahellissatt?) if I fired up my mill in the driveway, Id be rattlin my tin cup against the bars sayin  "Jailer, bring me my grool!!"  You, on the otherhand have the blessing of the neighbourhood and local TV station....Thats cool.

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Norm

Nice job Mark, our very own movie star! I have to agree you must have some good neighbors. Thanks for posting it Jeff.

OneWithWood

Good job, Mark.  You even kept the due cards out of the picture ;D

You know you could have easily convinced folks that you was Santa come south for vacation and was milling up some lumber for the elves  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

Cool Mark,  8)
When are you going to bring home one of those
CAT 554 Forwarders to help with your logging operation.
P.S.   I want my own copy of the video tape.   :)

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Mark M

Thanks for putting that on Jeff and thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

I didn't get much time to prepare for the video, the TV station is a block away and the guy stopped by and said he noticed I was up to something and wondered if it was OK to shoot some video. About a 1/2 hour later he came down with a camera and set it up and shot for about 30 minutes. I had the worst log of the bunch on there and I kept thinking that if anyone see this who knows about sawing they will be laughing.

I've been pretty amazed that no one has complained either. I guess Bismarck never had the need to have a no-sawmilling-in-town ordinance so they don't bother me. My neighbors are good and usually come over and watch or help. I try be considerate and don't saw early or late and usually only on the weekend when everyone is moving grass. It helps to be on a corner lot. There is a church across the street and dem folks people don't bother me to much with their singing so I wait until they are done before I saw.

We are supposed to get da new old house this weekend so we'll see what happens when we move. I told the guy across the street that the bad thing about us moving is he might have some kook move in who puts all kind of crazy stuff in the driveway. ;)

Mark

Lenny

Can I have your neibors when you move :D

Thank You Sponsors!