iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 350 dozer w/ winch

Started by shinnlinger, February 08, 2012, 04:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hi,

Neigbor is looking at a supposedly "Great running" Case 350 crawler  with  800 hrs. on new factory diesel, winch works fine, undercarriage in good shape, 6 way blade

Do these machines have a good track record?

Thanks

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Al_Smith

I've seen a few and for a little crawler they seem to do okay .They were not as popular in this area as a John-Deere 350 and I think are about the same size, around 10,000 pounds I'd guess .Maybe less ,they aren't very big .

Power I have no idea ,maybe 40 or so .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I agree with Al, I ran a JD 350C for 15 years fighting Forest Fires. I have also ran the CASE 350 on the farm.
Both the JD and CASE 350s are tough as they come. The size is excellent for movement through the interior of Pine plantations.
The 6 in 1 blade is great for drainage ditches and building water bars. I would not recommend it for land clearing.....lacks a little in power on pushing trees 12 inches and up.
As far as it having a good track record....yes, but it depends on the past owner. Take care of your equipment and it'll take care of you. If the past owner did not service and repair when needed, you will have problems.
Also be sure to keep your clutches adjusted properly, do not over tighten.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!