The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: BOOM BOOM BOOM CARS HOW DO YOU STOP THEM?  (Read 8197 times)

Offline Warbird

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: BOOM BOOM BOOM CARS HOW DO YOU STOP THEM?
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 11:54:16 AM »
This same thing annoyed me badly enough that many years ago, I made plans to design a targeted EMP pulse.  Then good sense got hold of me.  It is illegal and not a decent way to deal with the problem.

The RF interference idea is a great one.  No permanent damage.  Would it be possible to choose an open band frequency powerful enough to do the job?  Probably not but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the FCC.  Hmmmm.  I may have to study this.  I bet you could get one of those small handheld dishes so you could specifically target your signal.  Less chance of getting on the bad side of the FCC.  Ideas, ideas.  :)

Norm, I used to feel the same way until I realized I have the right to not have my body damaged just because someone else wants to damage themselves.  ;)

Offline tyb525

• Senior Member x2
  • Always learning.
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
Spray nozzle full of hot roof tar to coat they're windshield. :D

What kills me, in my area, the cops will stop some 20 year old gearhead in a hopped up Mustang with loud pipes, but they'll let the dirtbag wearing gang "colors" on a harley with open pipes go. Who do you think is more likely to have outstanding warants?

Mufflers, or lack of them, fine by me. Usually some good 'ol boys that like their cars/trucks. But the dirtbags wearing gang colors with their bass so loud it hurts my ears 3 cars behind them, that's what I have a problem with. And I've never seen or heard of them getting any consequences in this area.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Offline Taylortractornut

• Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »
I hate driving a truck., Not really but I was in one of our old Steel nose DM Macks.       I wa going to pick up some dumpsters at an auction.        This old truck  was rough it was dads winter trucks  so the nice ones didnt get torn up.       The company that bought our trucks  we kept one a steel nose for a while.  It had a bad cab rust all through it.     THe exhaust came out beside  the  passenger side front pull axle.      I was stopped at a light.  This little punk and his Girl friend were in a  Miata.    You couldnt even  hear the engine in my truck over it.      He was stuck between a few cars and his window was  even with  my  pipes.    I pulled the park brake and  pulled the hand throttle out and  let them breath the  2 gallons of fuel conditioner  I put in  that morning. .   
My overload permit starts after sunset

Offline Clam77

• Share Post
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »
 :D  :D  :D  too funny Taylor!!

The RF interference idea is a great one.  No permanent damage.  Would it be possible to choose an open band frequency powerful enough to do the job?  Probably not but at least you wouldn't have to worry about the FCC.  Hmmmm.  I may have to study this.  I bet you could get one of those small handheld dishes so you could specifically target your signal.  Less chance of getting on the bad side of the FCC.  Ideas, ideas.  :)

I was using the 10/11 meter bands but the FCC was always busy somewhere else.  They're kind of like all the other enforcment agencies - they don't bother with you unless you do something right in front of them or someone complains.
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Offline Todd

• Utilizing eradicated Ash and urban hardwoods
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
I'd like someone to invent a transmitter that broadcast the emergency broadcast system sound over their speakers at the level they have them set at. Either that, or some sort of Tesla wireless energy device that would actually intensify their bass until their speakers blow.
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Offline blackfoot griz

• Share Post
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 07:52:37 PM »
I think they forgot the "C" in rap  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ka-Boom!

Started by Tom on General Board

17 Replies
Last post November 09, 2007, 07:13:28 PM
by LeeB
xx
E-Classic Ka-Boom

Started by Hackberry on Firewood and Wood Heating

22 Replies
Last post January 27, 2009, 07:19:00 PM
by antos_ketcham