iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

easement:got a bad neighbor?

Started by Buzz-sawyer, October 10, 2004, 10:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

Rick Wanna be my neighbor? ;)

P.S The seller is obligated by law to grant easement under common law...for free ..........(And after a court battle)
You just made thier life easy :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Engineer

Buzz,  mebbe this is a dumb question, but have you called a lawyer?  Someone who is familiar with real estate issues and might be able to force the issue.  

Buzz-sawyer

Well since last report I have been in touch with friendly neighbors and started cutting treees to go AROUNDthe 50 ft easement . have cut and dragged maybe 3 hickories 3 walnut and tones of brush out of the way.
I would like to buy the field adjacent to the city peole who own the 50 foot easement, and raise some hogs , and practic with my high powered rifle (lots) !!!!
As a side note the word is out in the neighboring area, what this guy has done, and a perfect stranger stopped by mad as a hornet that someone would do that.(block me from power)
Turns out that guy is "Borrowing someones easement to get to his place!!!! They are considering locking thier gate in protest!!
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Corley5

What comes around goes around ;D  We have a forty in the U.P. through which a person who has a cabin leased from the timber company has to cross one corner of to access his cabin.  One year Dad was up there bird hunting and took a spin back in there and came across the lease owner who proceeded to tell him that he was on private property and he had to leave immediately.  Dad then informed them that they had to cross his property which he in fact owned and didn't lease and if they wanted to have continued access through our place that they had better change their tune which they did ;D ;D :D :D  It made them nervous enough that they've tried to buy the property on several occasions since then.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Buzz-sawyer

Well, I would say your Dad was neighborly and gave them a chance to straighten up, and they were smart to do so!!

They probably thought he was trespassing on the land they call thier own personal tresspass spot :o :) (your land) ???
Hard to say , but I wish your dad was my neighbor, I could sell him some of my RED junk ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Corley5

We know that they hunt on our property but since we don't and are seldom even around there during hunting seasons it really doesn't matter.  They've been more than cordial since Dad told them how it was and how it could be ;D  That T-9 might change hands if you were a bit closer ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

J_T

Hold on to that TD9 I love them things :D :D When you get your shooting rang set up yell my neighbor has a big 50 ;D
Jim Holloway

gizmo

I had the same problem getting an easement where my cabin is. I needed power run 3500 ft up the road as I was the closest driveway from the last utility pole. 5 other cabins up the road wanted electric also so we got the power company to give us an estimate. Each landowner gets 500ft free so intotal we got 2500 free and had to pay for the rest. Problem was...... Of The two vacant proerties below one wouldn't give an easement to put a pole on her land of which she doesn't even live near. One of them Greenpeace people or something like that. After two years the power Company said can't get an easment and It wasn't feasible to run the power up the road. So I called the Public Service Commision and Lo and Behold they took my side and 12 poles were run up the road so I could power my light bulbs within 2 months. When the power company superviser asked when I wanted the service run I told him I don't want electric I only wanted the poles to hang posted signs on. After he stopped ranting I  told him I was just kidding and made him and the crews chicken and cold pops........   The PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION is whom you want to get a hold of and keep us posted..............

Good Luck. :)

Murf

Sort of like Corley's situation.

Our place has been in the family since the early 50's, over the years we divided off a number of lots, all of which got access via a one lane road some distance back into our land.

The maintenance bill gets divided out amongst those that use the road. One cottage was sold to a real jerk who thought there was no way we could force him to pay his share of the maintenance or prevent him from using the road.

Right after he refused to pay the first time a big white pine fell across the entrance to his driveway off our road.  ;D

He went to town and bought a chainsaw, $200 and he was in.

Then the next wekend a big rock fell down the hill and rolled to a stop exactly in the same spot. Tough on the saw. It's amazing how big of a rock a 10 crane can pick up.  ;)

He called several local contractors to get it moved, they all said the same thing, "We can't do it, it's private property and the owners said 'no' to us." When he called me to move it with my crane truck I gave him a price of exactly double what his maintenance bill was.

He nows pays his bill faithfully every year. He even showed up to pitch in when a storm blew a few trees down, he had a real shiny saw, it looked like it had only been used once.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Buzz-sawyer

Murf
Ya got me laughin with that one........ :D :D 8) 8) 8)
I better try stayin on deputy dogs good side :o
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

JohnnyF

Buzz - maybe after your up and running, you will need a line fence to keep your hogs in, of course in some parts of the country, the neighbor is required to pay half that expense and upkeep.  ;D

Buzz-sawyer

Hey...you got an interesting idea there...I need all those  kinda suggestions ya got ;) ;) :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!