iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cellulosic ethanol

Started by sprucebunny, February 02, 2007, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

I read an article in "Northern Logger" about 2 plants being funded/built in New York to produce cellulosic ethanol and utilize low grade wood.

http://www.esf.edu/newspubs/news/2006/12.20.ethanolgrant.htm
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

We need more and more innovation like this as pulp mills close up. Maybe we can use pulp here and concentrate on growing large diameter softwood sawlogs instead of trying to make lumber from bean poles. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

twobears

SPRUCEBUNNY:lyonsdale is about a hours drive south of me.years ago they built a co-gen plant there.when,i was a full time logger we put countless loads of whole tree chips in there.
i hope things work out for them but,i have my doubts.in the past they have made bad feelings with alot of the local loggers.the last i knew my old boss had his whole tree chipper parked in his yard and refused to run it.lyonsdale energy thinks the local loggers should chip for nothing.if they feel that way how will they ever get enough wood and chips to run the place??
i do hope things work out because this area could use a boost.it,s really tough to make a decent living here.plus,i,de like to see this country stand on it,s own two feet when,it comes to energy.everytime,i watch the news it makes me sick to hear how our men and women are dieing everyday in overseas countrys,yet,if you listen to indepth reports the saudie,s are just as involved in all this anti american stuff as anybody else.i,de love to see the day when,we didn,t need there oil.
i live right next to fort drum home of the 10th mountain div..they have been in afganistan scence day one and they sure have taken a beating. just about everyday they lose atleast one or two.i hear about it on the local news.i kinda wonder how much it,s heard thur out theĀ  whole country tho.theres also alot of soldiers in the 10th that come back home all beat up from being in the country. it,s nothing but a mountainous rock hole and it has been taking a toll on our soldiers.we need to start supporting ourselfs and worrying about our own needs in this country..and build a very tall fence on our southern border.

delbert

Thank You Sponsors!