iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS660 Clone won't even start.

Started by bobklein9, September 05, 2020, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobklein9

Hi everyone, first-time poster. 

I purchased from amazon a 660 clone by Ojenas or O-Jenas, probably because I was impatient and didn't do the research. Anyway, I can't get it to start. It has a pressure release valve on the top which seems like it needs to be pressed in or the cord doesn't really pull. There is a switch that has 4 (or 3) positions, the top one is 'stop', so it is not set there. The break is on. It is very frustrating. It pulls but doesn't start. I have had this for about 3 days and has not yet, so it is very frustrating to say the least. Any help/advice is welcomed or video links. I have not seen any videos of this saw in particular. Thx 

lxskllr

Welcome!

Hard to say what kind of shape it's in since it's a Chinese clone. But starting off assuming it's right, squeeze the trigger, and push the switch all the way down. Press the decompress button on top, then pull cord sharply. Keep pulling til you hear the engine pop(a Stihl would be ≤ 5 pulls). Then move the switch up to the next position, and pull sharply again, and it should start in 1 or 2 pulls. Squeeze the trigger to open up the choke fully, and give it a couple shots to rev it up. It should then idle smoothly.

Sounds like you don't have a whole lot of experience with chainsaws. If you get it running, be careful. That's a lot of saw for someone without experience, and things can get quickly out of hand. You might need to make some tuning adjustments also. Hard to say. Here's a decent article on tuning...

Saw Carb Tuning

and a link to the Stihl MS660 owners manual...

https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/instructionmanuals/STIHL-MS-660-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Good luck!

doc henderson

that was a great concise article for carb tuning.  i have saved it.  thanks.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Spike60

Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

Pull the plug and see if it has spark, for starters.
Too many irons in the fire

weimedog

Most I've experienced that won't start or are hard to get going for some, fall in the double whammy of no high idle after choking and noodle arms....:) If it doesn't have the high idle working...you better be a beast to get that thing spun fast enough to start....or...just do what I did to all of mine. Get and install OEM trigger/choke control parts. THEN they start like a normal 90cc saw with good compression. But as they were ( maybe still are ) delivered, takes a strong person to get them going.

What they sound like when the DO start :)
Holzfforma g366 vs Huztl / HTSS ms 660 "Bling Saw" Blocking Firewood - YouTube
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Thank You Sponsors!