Sponsors:

Bangor.ME NEFP EXPO May 13-14 2005

Started by thecfarm, January 31, 2005, 09:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

More Forum members showed up at other times

Ed K, Vermonter, wiam and Captain is working

Neslrite, Jim_Rogers, Noble Ma, Mrs.Bull, Bull, Isawlogs

Isawlogs, Tom from Missouri and another nice man from Baker. I liked thier edger. Efficient and well thought out.

It was REALLY windy  :o This gang is holding down some cant hooks

Captain's father had been offbearing for him but was taking a break when a demonstration was requested so Isawlogs got to help out.
It seemed to me that the Peterson sawmill drew alot more people than the other mills and Captain was always ready to saw at a moments notice.
Thanks for your hospitality, Craig, and I hope you get lots of business from the show. ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bibbyman

Quote from: Vermonter on May 15, 2005, 02:31:02 PMSawmills: 5 (Peterson, Baker, Wudmiser, Thomas, Hudson)
Processors: 6 (Timberwolf, CordKing, Built-rite, Blockbuster (nice)

Twern't Wood-Mizer there??   smiley_headscratch
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Seems like Springfield Mass for the show next year is what the Thomas guys said.Bibbyman,don't be too sad,Woodmizer were there.No Mobile Sawmill this year,was really looking forward to seeing that saw again.That guy with the firewood wrapper had alot of BS to throw around.Quite the critter he was.Took one of my friends and he couldn't believe how much stuff was up there to see.Not one cable skidder to see.New cable skidders are not in demand,I guess.They were a big deal up until a few years ago around here.Times are a changing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

I think the big man in the middle with the sun glasses is Mr. Tom Stout - A.K.A.  Tom-in-Mo.  Not to be confused with Tom-in-St.Louis.  But ... I've been wrong before.
Sawing since '94

sprucebunny

Your probably right,Bibbyman. Sorry , Tom. .....I'm terrible with names  ::)
And thank you for correcting me ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bibbyman

Quote from: sprucebunny on May 15, 2005, 07:59:01 PM
Your probably right,Bibbyman. Sorry , Tom. .....I'm terrible with names  ::)
And thank you for correcting me ;D

I wouldn't worry about offinding Tom.  He's a good ol' boy - pretty laid back and down to earth.  Besides,  if he'll put up with me and Arky,  he's got to be pretty thick skinned.

Now,  I don't know about Tom-in-St.Louis.  He may be stalkin' you... :D

Nobody talked to the WM guys?  No updates on their new featrues?  Did they have a bunch of LogRite hooks there in that real nice orange color?
Sawing since '94

wiam

I think Thomas might get lonely in MA next year.  Everyone we saw said Essex next year and the program had a full page  SEE YOU IN VERMONT!

Will

Vermonter

New homestead

isawlogs

I'm just getting in from the drive back from the show . Had a great time meeting with a lot of people from the forum , I'll post some pics in the morning when the batteries are recharched  ::)  the camera and mine  ;D ;) 

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

neslrite

Wow what a show! A great turn out from FF members, and all the other fine folks from the North East.

Yes the Baker guy in the middle is Tom-in-mo.

Woodmizer was moving all the logs with the yellowishred cant hooks. I did make the rounds to the 3 WM booths, talked to Dave Mann, Dave Scott , Randy, Janet, Kyle, and Kevin plus a few more folks.

I did get to talk to the David Billenstein from Just Caps he had a FF hat in his display ;D

The only person I did not get to talk to was Don Lewis from NYLE, I did get to meet his son, but I was hoping to meet Don.

That is about all I have to add, see you in OHIO :)
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

wiam

This was in the program.(finally got the scanner to work) 8) 8)

Will

thecfarm

Yes,I guess Thomas will be lonley in Mass.Must of not heard him right.I haven't had a chance to look at any of the dream papers that I picked up at the Expo.I did see the VT show like you stated in the program.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Finally got a decent kbs hook up, so heres a few more pict.
Heres a crew

Here's Captain with a winner of a log

This is what he did to it

We all had a good time, if you like strong winds and cold weather. Least it didn't rain till sunday's ride home. What a long drive 8 1/2 hrs, and not at all as intresting as William & Vermonter.
I talked to Mona Lincoln from Northeast Logger, she said next yr will be in Vt   YAH  8).
Ed K

Jeff

QuoteI did get to talk to the David Billenstein from Just Caps he had a FF hat in his display

David called me today to tell me about that. I think seeing those hats that far from home impressed him to make the call.  I hope to come to some sort of arrangement with him to help us with forum hats. (sponsorship?)  that would be cool.  I know a lot of you guys need hats for your businesses as well, so perhaps it might be a good fit for each other
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

Just some words of thanks!! :)

I need to say that there was hardly a time during the show that I looked around the Peterson site and did NOT see Forestry Forum hats.  Thanks for stopping by and for all of your help!!

A list of folks that stopped and said HI:

Tom (from Missouri, ALMOST got a pic of him admiring the mill :D)
Sprucebunny
ISAWLOGS
Neslrite
Bull (and the Mrs)
Noble MA
Jim Rogers
Ed K and Rita (regulars, they liked my bench)
Vermonter
Wiam
thecfarm

I know there were more, but I thought too late of a "Forestry Forum Signup Board" to tote to shows this year.  We'll have to do one for SAWLEX.

Thanks to all, especially MARCEL for the help and moral support, it was a tough show with the wind and the high quality logs I had to work with  ::)

Captain

Ed_K

You bet Rita liked your bench  8) now I got to make her one  ;D.
Have a good show at sawlex.
Ed K

Jim_Rogers

Captain:
Just add our names to the "board" when created and put the date we viewed your demo on it.
That'll be good enough for me......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!