iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cable capacity 240d 70's model timberjack

Started by Woodmaaaan, September 04, 2015, 10:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodmaaaan

trading for a 240d timberjack gearmatic winch not much cable on winch what is the capacity of 5/8 swaged cable figure i will be replacing about first thing thanks in advance

Spartan

if its a 19/119 gearmatic,  I have put about 180 ft of 5/8 on but that was a royal pain if you pull at an angle, it will ride the case on one side.   Then you can't pull it out by hand, have to drop the drag and re reel in.  My book for a 119 says 235 ft of 5/8 but I would not do that for my operations for above said reasons.

Woodmaaaan

was thinking 125'  to  150'    so sounds like that should be okay would overall performance be much  better with 125' vs 150' ?

Spartan

probably about the same, do you really need that much?  Are you logging steep or wet zones?

62oliver

Do you have this?
http://www.paccarwinch.com/pdf/j358j.pdf

In there it says 165 feet of 3/4", the smallest cable they spec.
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

Woodmaaaan

Steep ground generally shouldn't need that much but know there will be times I do . I could do with less if had to I would say 75% of the time 70 -85 ft be enough had a couple of 50ft  chokers made up. Can use to reach extra distance maybe go with 100 ft or so

teakwood

Quote from: Spartan on September 04, 2015, 10:19:10 PM
if its a 19/119 gearmatic, d I have put about 180 ft of 5/8 on but that was a royal pain if you pull at an angle, it will ride the case on one side.   Then you can't pull it out by hand, have to drop the rag and re reel in.  My book for a 119 says 235 ft of 5/8 but I would not do that for my operations for above said reasons.
I have 165' of swaged 9/16 on my deere 3305 and that happen all the time to me. I have steep land and sometimes my cable is still 20-30' to short. I thought of narrow the side rollers so the cable gets spooled more centric on the drum when pull sideways? Or lower cable diameter to 1/2 swaged so the drum has less on it? I dont know why those drums were made so small. Any thoughts?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Spartan

I have found 120 ish is a good number for 5/8 for me.  Just have to improvise if I need more.

coxy

its nice when you have a dozer  :) I run 50ft of 9/16 on the skidder and 50ft on the dozer  if I cant get it with 50ft on the dozer its not worth getting  ;D

Woodmaaaan

Just got a arch on my dozer wish I could find a winch to fit my komatsuwould d39 p -1

Thank You Sponsors!