iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Favorite Fall tree

Started by Poquo, December 05, 2021, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poquo

Here's a Maple in my backyard, leaves turn red while the Maple on the right and left in the picture turn yellow.

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

SwampDonkey

The phases of sugar maple color up here.

Full color of a sugar maple canopy - YouTube

Love this white oak

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Poquo

Fall is my favorite season the trees turn, most of the bugs go away and the fish go on a feeding frenzy til the water cools down.
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Ron Scott

The "bright red" of the red maple and the 'bright yellow" of the sugar maple are favorites. They add much color to the aesthetic views of forest landscapes.
~Ron

newoodguy78

What species of maple do you have down your way Poquo?

Poquo

All in my yard are Red Maples, there are Silver Maple in the area. Never seen a Sugar Maple around here.
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

SwampDonkey

I remember one fall driving by a clearcut along the road. It was full of cattails and sedge grass because it was an old cedar swamp. But in the fall, it was eye catching with all the little red maples taking it over with red, orange and yellow all through it. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

KEC

I like the way that in late fall when many of the leaves have fallen you can look up on the hillsides and pick out the Red Oaks that retain their leaves. Tulip Trees are easy to pick out at a distance too, earlier in Fall.

SwampDonkey

Large tooth aspen in the landscape.

It's also the easiest tree in the spring time to spot when leaves are emerging in a predominant maple forest. The white velvety leaves emerge first making the leaves look like flowers from a great distance.

Lower slope of Mars Hill Mnt

Poquo

My trees are bare now, they don't stay on long once they start turning.
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

SwampDonkey

Our wild red oak here don't have much color in the fall, once they start to turn yellow they are brown in a short time and blow away when the temp gets down in the 20's or colder. Maple color lasts for about 4 weeks here, from early Sept to mid October. She looks like winter here by the end of October, except for the aspens and larch which persist into November.

Thank You Sponsors!