iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw Sachs Dolmar 100 off-switch

Started by jet_1980, December 30, 2021, 10:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet_1980

Hello dear members, I have a question about the off-switch of my Sachs Dolmar 100 chainsaw:
The switch is missing (caused by the previous owner) and I want to replace the switch for a universal one. The wire of the CDI, which is used to shortcircuit and turn off the engine is now hanging loose. Is it true that, when you use the switch, there wil be a shortcircuit and if so: Do I shortcircuit this wire with for example the carburetor?
Can someone please explain how this works and how I should connect the wire and switch?
[Sorry for my English, I'm from Holland so it may contain some mistakes 😉]

sawguy21

Welcome aboard! You are correct, the switch will need two terminals, one for the wire from the magneto and the other to go to ground. Just remember that OFF will be ON unless you file off the tang in the plate and turn it around.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jet_1980

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 30, 2021, 11:28:33 AM
Just remember that OFF will be ON unless you file off the tang in the plate and turn it around.
Your last sentence is somewhat unclear to me. If I use my multimeter and put it on continuity, I can easily find out what is OFF on the universal switch. Engine OFF is when I hear a beep, so that's when I shortcircuit, am I right?

sawguy21

If the switch is closed in the OFF position that is what you want. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jet_1980

Okay, than I get it! Thank you for your help!

Thank You Sponsors!