iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OWB recomendations needed

Started by rturpin, January 05, 2022, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rturpin

I appreciate all the information on this board and have been reading for days, but i wanted get your opinions on what direction i should go.  I am looking to replace my OWB with a new one.  I would prefer to stay with a traditional since smoke is no concern to me (no neighbors within miles) and we don't always have seasoned wood to burn.

My system is brand new other than the boiler.  I currently have a Woodmaster LT90 that is undersized.  We run 2 pumps 1 to an 700sq ft office with a 10k btu hydronic convector.  Pump 2 runs to the house old farm house 3200sq ft with a 100k plate exchanger for hot water, and a 185k btu air exchanger in the forced air furnace.  New closed cell pipe to everything.

We have solid Central Boiler, Heatmaster, and CrownRoyal dealers locally.  I was looking primarily at the Crown 7300/7400MP, and the Heatmaster c250/375. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on differences, pluses or minuses, or sizing between these.   

thecfarm

Don't know nothing about those brands. 
But I thought all those OWB are gassers now?
I have the old style, doubt I will replace it when it dies. Those things are pricey now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rturpin

You can still buy the conventional ones in our area. They aren't cheap but neither is propane. 

sublime68charger

I like CB but that is because I have a great CB dealer that when I need help he'll answer the phone.  The other brands you mentioned I don't have a dealer close by of those so that is why I went with the CB.

Which dealer of yours due you like the best or talk to other's in your area and ask them about the dealer support?

Thank You Sponsors!