iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 450 bogs when you give it gas

Started by bluejean, January 29, 2022, 10:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluejean

I have a Husqvarna Rancher 450 chainsaw. I replaced the fuel lines (fuel feed and return line) and rebuilt the carb. Still have the same issue it will start up idle once you give it gas it bogs and dies. Trying to adjust the carb will not improve it from bogging and dying . I took off the muffler piston looks good and the screen is clean. The air filter is also clean. Low hours on this saw. What can it be? Help!

sawguy21

Set the warm idle to just below clutch engagement speed.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DHansen

Will it continue to idle if you do not touch the throttle?

DHansen

The description sounds like it's a lack of fuel, but it would be best to diagnose this.  Can you feather the throttle to get it above idle speed.  If you choke it just a little while you throttle up does it sound any better.  Have you inspected for any vacuum leaks.

DHansen

When you went through the carburetor did you replace pump diaphragm and float diaphragm (gaskets).  After it stalls, bogs out, is the spark plug wet or dry?

Spike60

If it dies instantly, as though you hit the switch, it's likely the coil. The coils for that chassis have always been a head scratcher. Early saws, with the deco, the coil is onlt about $25. Coils for the newer saws are up around $80. Can't mix and match them either.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Thank You Sponsors!