iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streem26

Last night: Grilled stuffed red peppers made with homemade sweet Italian sausage, green salad, grilled bread (leftover from Friday) rubbed with garlic. We also had one homemade sausage left, so we grilled that and shared it. Peppers were inspired by books' recipe, but with many, many changes.

Magicman

Not a 'Chef Salad' because I ain't a chef but..

It was a nice 'Kitchen Salad' because I used what I had; Iceberg lettuce, sliced cold fried chicken, carrot spears, quartered grapes, mozzarella cheese and topped with Tony's and thousand island with wheat thins.  Yup, I love a good salad.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Given Howard's proclivity of harassing the squirrels and chipmunks while hunting deer, he will be eating a lot of venison-less salads too  :D :D .
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

That looks good. We only had a pan of our homegrown veggies roasted in the oven tonight. Finally cool enough to light the oven up.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

streem26

I make these:  Sloppy Joe Stuffed Potatoes Recipe

Also, steak sammiches :) Super easy. Buy the sandwich/fajita steak, season with salt and pepper, sear it off to your desired done-ness. In a separate pan, saute onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil and butter, then add in some chopped up mushrooms, finally, add in some spinach to wilt. Once done, put preferred dressing on roll and cheese on roll. Melt cheese under broiler, then add onion/garlic/mushroom/spinach mixture, top with steak. Nom!

K-Guy

I bought a new fryer online and so to try it out we had deep fried pork chops and country fried steak last night with fries.

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Raider Bill

Quote from: streem26 on November 14, 2021, 02:58:59 AM

Also, steak sammiches :) Super easy. Buy the sandwich/fajita steak, season with salt and pepper, sear it off to your desired done-ness. In a separate pan, saute onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil and butter, then add in some chopped up mushrooms, finally, add in some spinach to wilt. Once done, put preferred dressing on roll and cheese on roll. Melt cheese under broiler, then add onion/garlic/mushroom/spinach mixture, top with steak. Nom!

I love me some sloppy joes!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Walnut Beast

Looks pretty nice. You not playing around 👍

kantuckid

Quote from: Raider Bill on November 29, 2021, 03:18:07 PM
Quote from: streem26 on November 14, 2021, 02:58:59 AM

I love me some sloppy joes!
For the Premier! Sloppy Joe recipe on Earth: Go to the old Sunbeam Electric Skillet cookbook that came with the skillet!
 We got one for our wedding in 1971. It's actually called BBQ' ed Hamburger in that book. If you don't find it via Google I'll post it here. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

K-Guy

Quote from: Walnut Beast on November 29, 2021, 04:21:13 PMLooks pretty nice. You not playing around

It's bigger than I expected but it works great. Both tanks have separate power supplies and that helps more than anything.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Walnut Beast

Looks Awesome and I'm sure you have many tasty things coming out of it for sure 👍

stavebuyer

2" of desperately needed rain the last couple of days so I put today's steady drizzle to productive use and baked up some Lasagna. Wagyu ground beef and some ground Italian sausage for the filler. I think about 8lbs of assorted cheese. Don't know why the jeans stay tight?

newoodguy78

That looks delicious,best part of that meal is the leftovers. 

caveman

We grilled pork kabobs and chicken kabobs tonight for our family Sunday night supper.  One of my son in law's and my middle daughter were assembling them.

I cheated and used the pellet grill.  We left them on for 25 minutes.  They were not bad.
Caveman

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

newoodguy78

Cooked up some of our Brussel Sprouts as a side to some White Oak Meadows grass fed beef raised by @Southside. Smelled amazing when it was all cooking. 

Well the smells didn't disappoint, you can see how it made out :D. Only thing that could've made it better would've been if I was eating around a one off table sitting next to a wood stove  ;D

Southside

Ha ha, don't forget the fancy craft paper table cloth!!  Which cut was that? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

newoodguy78

Ehhh where I grew up that was considered fine linen. 
Boneless ribeye, top shelf for sure great taste. 

Wlmedley

Baked one of those monster sweet potatoes I dug this fall.Cut one in two for me and my wife and was all we could eat.Took 1 1/2 hours to get done but with a little brown sugar and butter it was worth the wait.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

LeeB

One beef fajita and one chicken fajita. I had more than one of each.

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

Simple dinner tonight. Steak, chips and a side salad. 

Steak is the good stuff, grass fed 18 month heifer, 1/2 Angus, 1/4 Hereford, 1/4 Fresian. Part time job doesn't pay great, but 1/2 a beef heifer is a good bonus, BTW, melt in the mouth tender...  :)

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

21incher

No one has posted here for a while so time to keep it going.  Tonight I lit up the Weber kettle for the first  time ever in February.  Hit 54 degrees so figured the woodchuck was right and time to get started grilling. Pulled a big garden  spaghetti squash  from last summer out of the root cellar and a couple bakers. Threw the squash and potatoes on first for about  45 minutes then 3 minutes on a side for tuna steaks.  😋 The taste of summer 4 months early. Loving this El Nino. Even warmer tomorrow  :thumbsup: and the bison burgers are defrosting. 
20240208_165142.jpg
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

randy d

21 you are eating like a King enjoy

21incher

Quote from: randy d on February 08, 2024, 07:59:28 PM21 you are eating like a King enjoy
Eating our favorites from the garden last summer.  First time we have dragged out the Weber in February.  Usually 2 ft of snow and close to zero degrees. We really like the spaghetti squash grilled better  then baked and today was a good day. We try to eat a lot of fish these days.

Thank You Sponsors!