iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planer not feeding

Started by tomkat001, October 06, 2009, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Quote from: brdmkr on October 22, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
Piney, it is the bed from Woodmaster.  I have been doing some reading and found where one guy suggested that reducing the feed roller pressure could help with snipe.  I've not tried that.

Is your plastic fastened down good.  It might be a little springy if not.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Wudman

Quote from: ladylake on October 23, 2009, 04:26:34 AM
Quote from: brdmkr on October 22, 2009, 12:04:48 PM
Piney, it is the bed from Woodmaster.  I have been doing some reading and found where one guy suggested that reducing the feed roller pressure could help with snipe.  I've not tried that.

Is your plastic fastened down good.  It might be a little springy if not.   Steve

Brdmkr,

I have the same problem with my Woodmaster plastic bed.  I found my problem.  The plastic bed is warped slightly.  It has a convex surface.  It has a slight gap between the plastic and the center of the bed.  If you look closely, you can see it move ever so slightly when the board makes contact with the feed roller.  I removed mine and that problem was solved.....now I just have to keep the bed clean and slick.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

ladylake

Removing the plastic solves the snipe trouble but then it won't feed as good. I would take a little time and fasten it down good. If it's got a hump in the center turn it upside down so the center lays good.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

IMERC

Quote from: tomkat001 on October 06, 2009, 08:41:21 AM
Any ideas why my Powermatic planer will not feed the boards thru. I have adjusted the infeed and outfeed rollers several times but it still needs a bit of help pushing boards thru.

dry lube on the tsble and clean the drive rollers..
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!