iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colonoscopy

Started by Magicman, July 24, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

I'm up for mine. My old Doc retired so I get a new one. Went in to see him Friday but had to speak with his assistant. I guess he was playing golf.
Anyway I always have a upper and lower done at the same time. No more, they do them separate now so I have to get knocked out twice, find a driver twice and take twice as much time off work.
Blamed it on the rona..
Everything gets blamed on the rona.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

RichTired

I think I would find a different doctor.  One that would do both procedures at the same time. Insurance should back you up on that as they don't like to pay twice for what could be done during one procedure.
And don't think bad about the doctor not being in his office on Fridays. He might be sawing logs on his sawmill... :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Real1shepherd

After 60, let your doc advise how often. In my case the last one I had(actually, my first) they cut out two polyps.

So in my case they said come back in three yrs(about now) and if they had found nothing, about every five yrs. 

Kevin

doc henderson

I would ask your new doc if you can get them at the same visit, often a new doc may not realize how their front desk is scheduling.  believe or not.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Raider Bill

I called the endoscopy center where they do them. Same place as I've always gone. They said that's the way they do them now for everyone.
Will also have to get 2 more rona tests.

Texas Ranger

Do you know the most popular drink of 2020?

The colonoscopy prep.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tacotodd

TR, that would NOT be funny, if it were not probably TRUE!
Trying harder everyday.

firefighter ontheside

I think my next one is next year sometime.  I already have an appointment set up with doc for 2 year follow up.  It was supposed to be an in person appt. that was scheduled over a year ago.  They called me last week and said that they are changing all appts. even out to May to virtual.  I guess he really won't need to look at anything, will he?  I guess we will talk about scheduling the colonoscopy later in the year.  I had one polyp at the previous one.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

I guess you will be a little surprised when you get a ups delivery with a long tube, and they tell you to plug the other end into a USB port, and "log on"!   :D :D :D   :o :o :o    :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Oh man!  I hope not.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

Doc H, that was some kind of classic! And just plan hilarious.

Now, if it were only REALLY that easy, then my GI would have me doing one every month! I do have Chron's.
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

well they do have the little cameras you swallow like a pill, and download the video.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: doc henderson on November 26, 2020, 06:25:49 PM
well they do have the little cameras you swallow like a pill, and download the video.
collecting the pill is  bit of a sticky wicket.

Tacotodd

TR, MOST of time, I can exhaust through a door screen and never touch a wire. That is why I dropped 100lb in 2yr before I went to a GI. Then I was diagnosed with the Chron's. In 2004 they had do a bowel resection that took the union area of my large and small intestine. 1' of small and 6" large. THEN I almost died from an infection that wasn't caught in my 1 week recovery. They sent me home on a Friday afternoon and was feeling terrible all weekend so my family got me back to the hospital Monday morning and THEN they kept me an additional 2 weeks!

The reason for the resection was the amount of scar tissue my Chron's caused a blockage of some sort. I never got a total answer satisfactory. But I didn't care! Reason being of not caring: 2yr of ever increasing pain from internal spasms of sorts, GI said was from my innerds' still trying to pass exhaust as a normal person would but try do so on an ever increasingly smaller "pipe". They finally admitted me for the surgery due to constant (think automotive) backfire like a potato shoved tightly into the exhaust pipe! OH GOSH!!! The stuff I regurgitated! And the smell that was stuck in my nasal cavity, well I'm sure you can tell from my description what it was that came through on the backfires!

YES! 

And I'm LUCKY to be alive and have survived! 

They patched up my abdomen with 33 staples and still have a noticeable scar. For SEVERAL years it looked like a zipper. I could clearly look and see it. 

I returned to work after something like 6wk light duty but I increasingly felt more capable. I started carrying 5gal buckets of hydraulic fluid because I felt better and better. I was tickled to go almost full force! My full force was deadlifting a totally stripped small block Chevy. Not on a regular basis, but still to the amazement of my colleagues! I loved making them look at me slack jawed because they had never seen anyone do such a thing!

My outlook on life somehow changed! I didn't even notice at first, but the people around me did. I came to realize "we are ALL just temporary"!

And my life continues one day at a time and even got married the first time on 5-15-15. Easy date to remember. I was in NAPA surroundings and sold many a automotive oil filter that are Wix. THE most popular part #, 51515 for over 50% of Ford automotive 1985 and earlier! She picked the date and who was I to not agree🤐. I didn't tell her until after the day why I would never forget our anniversary! Aahhh, good times! And now you know MY story.
Trying harder everyday.

Walnut Beast

Glad your doing great 👍

Tacotodd

Constant state of outhouse-trots, so hard to tell the difference from some of the earlier symptoms of Covid-19, but hey, THE PAIN IS GONE. I just have the unnerving feeling that I'll be like this to the end. At my "largest" point in life 290lbs in 1993ish, March 2004 (no question) after surgery still in hospital 155lb. I'm 6'0". One of my 2 sisters said then "Todd, your caboose looks inverted"! I might have been 290 but I played football nose guard and their wasn't much that got by me! Now having fun using my 2 Husky 372's and Echo CS550P! The worst part is the M.S. I have. Another story story on that (another time). BTW, this is according to my Echo dealer: CS=chain saw, 550=55cc+a 0 to look better, P=professional. I can only comment that it makes some sense. Oh, and the constant bathroom breaks, they really do a number to deer hunting. I carry T.P. in the field but I can't carry an entire roll on the bad days!
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

I have an appointment with a "Submarine Captain Ben Dover" tomorrow. :-X  I'll be downloading ballast today and be ready for the "up periscope" early tomorrow morning.  :o  Me thinks that today will be crappy.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Good luck Lynn!

I had mine done just this past Friday, nothing found but empty space!         

Doc said, "see you again in about four years"!      8)             :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

breederman

Jackie has hers next week. I'm just a spectator .😁 I've got a couple years before my next one.
Together we got this !

Texas Ranger

To quote Captain Kirk, "to go where not man has gone before".

Raider Bill

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 18, 2021, 09:01:21 AM
To quote Captain Kirk, "to go where not man has gone before".
Solo never said that. :D

Magicman

I was at the hospital this morning at my appointed time of 6:30, only to find out that my Doctor/Surgeon was involved with a serious emergency that would take several hours.  I was given the option of either rescheduling or waiting.  Well that option was not an option, after cleaning out I was not gonna reschedule.  Anyway, I waited and was wheeled in at 12:30.  Bottom line, clean bill of health and I can wait 5 years for my next "procedure". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Sounds like a real pain in the ... (well, never mind). ::) Anyway glad to hear about the great report. If you're gonna spend all that time riding that magic carpet seat you have to make sure your setter is working right. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

kantuckid

Quote from: Magicman on January 19, 2021, 05:12:02 PM
I was at the hospital this morning at my appointed time of 6:30, only to find out that my Doctor/Surgeon was involved with a serious emergency that would take several hours.  I was given the option of either rescheduling or waiting.  Well that option was not an option, after cleaning out I was not gonna reschedule.  Anyway, I waited and was wheeled in at 12:30.  Bottom line, clean bill of health and I can wait 5 years for my next "procedure".
Magic-Glad that came out OK! Nothing like a shiny colony after all it's been through, orshould I say-"been through it"? :D
Since we are the same age and thus my question (if it's not something personal-if so just avoid my asking?) as to why you'd get another scope in 5 years? I got one in August, 2020 based on a a done at home stool test kit result done as part of my annual wellness checkup. Though I'd personally noticed zero change in bowels, the nurse said the test is very sensitive to occult blood so the same doc who'd done all but my first colon scope did another when I'd been told I was aged out on further scopes based on age. It was a precautionary one and I was given the same clean bill of colon health as before-I've never had a polyp trimmed as yet. 
Mine-I might of well have waited as did you as they were backed way up due to covid stopping many commonly done procedures. In that same mention-I got to my oral surgery appointment 6 months later due to covid. I would conjure a guess that a few folks might have died due to these wait and see things or personal fear of going out where the virus lurks as has affected more than we will ever know among the worry wart crowd. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

kantuckid

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 19, 2021, 06:15:24 PM
Lynn,

Sounds like a real pain in the ... (well, never mind). ::) Anyway glad to hear about the great report. If you're gonna spend all that time riding that magic carpet seat you have to make sure your setter is working right. :D
Talking "pain in the ass"-has anyone else had the hemorrhoid electrical treatments prior to invasive surgery? The doc chooses a variously sized black rod which is hooked up to an electric gizmo and the idea is to shrink the bad guy via electrical shock. Yes, this is factual and not a fun thing which my doc tried several times. "Now, bend over... ;D . 
Same doc retired this past year as he's my age and from the rural county just east of me, Morgan CO., and a true hillbilly doctor. Here's a classic career counseling tale he shared. Knowing I was a Vo-Tech school counselor at that time in late 1980's when I was seeing him (culminating in the surgery in 1990) he told me his story about his choosing a medical career. His HS counselor was gathering a group of kids to take them on a yellow bus, medical careers tour as it were. Her criteria for who could go was to have a "B" or better HS grade average or in her theory you were not medical career material. Michael B. had a "B-" grade average and asked to sign up after hearing they were going but was told he wasn't up to becoming a doctor. Same doc told my buddy, Bill K., the electrical instructor and my age,  that if there was such a thing as a "butt doctor", well he guessed he was one".  ;D He also did general surgeries. 
BTW, my nephew is a mid-40's aged surgeon now and had a not so un-similar, B+ grade average at another E KY HS he attended with our oldest son. 

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!