iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chili!

Started by Jeff, September 21, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Quote from: Jeff on November 24, 2012, 01:47:06 PM
Try using fritos sometime instead of crackers. It moves everything up a notch. BAM!  :)

Now I'd never thought of that, but it sounds interesting. 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

When the Grandkids have not eaten them, I like to put a handfull in the bowl before adding the chili.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ScottAR

Frito's are indeed good, but I usually bust up a piece of cornbread in mine.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Chuck White

I love Chilli SPICY!

I even fix it once in a while with finely cut (not ground) venison.

Makin' myself hungry now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

It doesn't get much better than....

Having a big Pot-O-Chili bubbling on da stove.  thumbs-up

Well OK, a big Bowl-O-Chili is better.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

With this current spit of global warming, some kind of warm comfort food is definitely called for. We're gonna have beans and probably add chili to them afterward for another meal. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

I think I'll make a glob of it today
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

And here I am with a fresh batch of baby mosquitos in my screen room to deal with.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jeff on February 15, 2021, 12:34:30 PM
I think I'll make a glob of it today
I thought you used up all the hamburger on the place on Joe's birthday burger. :D A big old bowl of chili would go real good about now.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

My chili uses half pork sausage half red meat. Venison if I have it, and I aint had it in a while, so ground beef.

I got over ruled. air fried bbq wings and tater wedges tonight. chili the next 2 days followed by 2 days of chilidogs. :D

WDH

Lynn, 

If you take some corn chips and crush them up fine while the chili is cooking and then add them to the cooking chili, it is also a good way to incorporate them in with your chili.  MMMmmm......
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Walnut Beast

I think you guys are getting us drooling 🤤 for some tasty stuff 😊

ron barnes

Chili with venison is just hard to beat.  Love it.

Magicman

PatD made Chili a few days ago but with this power outage thing there was no convenient way to warm up a bowl.

Well almost no way.  I sprayed Pam into a skillet, spooned in a serving of Chili, and used the top of the fireplace insert.  Yup, piping hot it was.  food6

sawguy21

Where there is a will there's a way! 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

@Magicman, that's the primary reason I prefer a gas range!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

I have been craving a batch of good homemade chili ever since Jeff posted his plans on post 31 here on this thread and before Miz Tammi changed it for him on reply 34. :D So today when my wife asked me what I wanted to eat I told her and, miracle of miracles, she agreed. She dug out several packs of old venison burgers we needed to use up, a can of mild Ro-tel, a can of tomato puree, a can or two of crushed tomatoes, 3 cans of red beans, onion, garlic, lots of chili powder, salt and pepper and into a well seasoned cast iron Dutch oven on our gas range and simmered it all till thick. While I ate a big bowl full Sampson and I had a hearty argument over who was supposed to get the Ritz crackers so we compromised. I topped it all off with a heaped up stadium cup full of fresh brewed unsweetened Ice tea and it was so good I even poured up what was left over and washed the pan. I am just too good to that woman. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Quote from: Chuck White on February 20, 2021, 04:27:35 PM
@Magicman, that's the primary reason I prefer a gas range!
I sold home standby generators, a customer was not sold on natural gas as he was worried what would happen in the event of an earthquake. I said "Buddy, if we get the Big One loss of power will be the least of your problems".

Jeff

I finally made a pot today, but I fergot to take a pic. In fact I forgot to eat any. Tammy said itcwas the best I'd made in quite some time. I think it was the mild chilies I added. :)

WDH

I made some, too.  Pic to come later.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Timely post.
Got out of work, run the dog around some outside, come in house, change clothes, wash up, sit down and eat chili!!!!
Nothing hot, gut can't take it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

I like it with a bit of an attitude but still have to taste the food. Girlfriend won't touch it with any hint of spice so I make it for her then liven mine along with whatever is left, it is even better reheated.

Jeff

Y'all didn't need another picture of a random pot o' chili, so I offer you this.  :)

Koegle Vienna chili dogs with peppers, onions and pepper cheese airfried wraps with airfried potato wedges with homemade honey mustard dip.

Be sure to save back some chili! Tonight I'll finish up this batch with the chili by making a homemade rising crust chili pizza! Stay tuned!

Jeff

Chili pizza. End of da pot.  

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!