iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The second cup, how much do you drink?  Black or doctored?  Mine is straight up with no sweetener or dairy.

When I worked for the man, there was the morning and afternoon coffee breaks.  Now it's my cup in the morning after breakfast and rarely any after that.  Sundays are different because I generally sip a cup in the afternoon.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dakota

2 cups in the morning, one in mid-afternoon, teaspoon of honey and a dash of 1/2 and 1/2.
Dave Rinker

Raider Bill

2, 20oz cups of percolated coffee in the morning with raw sugar and real cream.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pineywoods

Coffee and the forestry forum go together. I have a cup while I read the forum before breakfast. Another cup with breakfast. We have one of those fancy K-cup machines, I get two good cups of coffee from one of the little foil packets...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

rjwoelk

I have my read with my breakfast,  red river cereal,  coffee sugar and a dash of milk.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sawguy21

I won't start my day without it,straight off the pot no milk or sugar. It was a basic food group when I was on the road for the logging company, minimum 6-8 cups a day, but I paid for it with stomach problems. Now two in the morning and seldom any after that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

When I worked for the man(some say I was against him from the start), I would have a cup at home to get my heart started, then pick up a 20oz cup on the way to work.  I had my own coffee maker in my office and would kill 2 pots during the day.  Picked up beer on the way home.  I was a real health nut.  :D :D

Now I'm down to 3 or 4 cups in the morning and one in the afternoon.  Thinking about installing a rollup door in the spare room so I can load the beer in with the forklift.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LeeB

You almost had me worried Dan. I thought you were going to tell us you gave up beer.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

We have a Mr. Coffee, $20 coffee maker that makes 12 cups according to whats on the pot. My cup must hold more that that.  Tammy takes some out to put in her creamer in the morning, and I drink the rest, trying not to drink any past say 2pm or so. I drink mine black. 3 scoops in the filter for the pot is the strength.  Those pots last about 6 months and they slow down. We clean it a couple times with vinegar, 6then chuck it and go in the other room and get a new one. Next time we are at Wally world, we buy another spare.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

1 scoop per cup for me.
used to drink it black but my stomach put a stop to that years ago.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

davemartin88

2 cups in the morning, fresh ground coffee with sugar and half and half. Once or twice a week I'll have a cup in the afternoon.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Jeff on December 08, 2015, 12:56:05 PM
We have a Mr. Coffee, $20 coffee maker that makes 12 cups according to whats on the pot. My cup must hold more that that.  Tammy takes some out to put in her creamer in the morning, and I drink the rest, trying not to drink any past say 2pm or so. I drink mine black. 3 scoops in the filter for the pot is the strength.  Those pots last about 6 months and they slow down. We clean it a couple times with vinegar, 6then chuck it and go in the other room and get a new one. Next time we are at Wally world, we buy another spare.

:D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandsawmill14

a couple cups in the morning just coffee with a little water ;D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

Black,2-3 in the morning with my eggs and the FF.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pabst79

In the summer 2 cups in the morning and 1 with lunch, as it gets colder I drink it all day and usually 1 after dinner. 1/2 caff black, no more high test these days. The K cups are fun but expensive, coffee from a perc pot is the best tasting but hotter that Hades.  smiley_devil
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

Magicman

My little Hamilton Beach coffee maker uses pods (as shown below the cup) and makes one cup.  26 cents per cup.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I always (most times) have my coffee straight up, nothing added, but on rare occasions, I'll add a good helpin' of instant cocoa!

My day starts with coffee and the FF for about an hour, then I'll migrate to the kitchen and fix my eggs, bacon & toast, and have a second cup of coffee.

If I hang around the house, I'll usually have another couple of cups!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LaneC

I like a good bit of honey in mine, with a shot of milk or creamer just to keep it from burnin the hair off your tongue :D (I know I misspelled burning)
Man makes plans and God smiles

4x4American

I used to drink my coffee black but I read some articles about it being hard on your stomach (can help ulcers form) and teeth (making em brown) so I add a spot of whole milk, and maple syrup in the colder months (not aunt jemimah's either :D )
Boy, back in my day..

gspren

2 mugs black each morning. For some reason the "official" size for coffee markings on the pot are for 6 oz cups while most mugs are 12 oz so if the pot says 8 cups you will only get 4 mugs.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

4x4American

Quote from: gspren on December 09, 2015, 05:25:05 PM
   2 mugs black each morning. For some reason the "official" size for coffee markings on the pot are for 6 oz cups while most mugs are 12 oz so if the pot says 8 cups you will only get 4 mugs.

I figure that back in the day, they didn't have as much coffee, so they had smaller servings.  Now in the McDonald's era where coffee is plentiful, they started making bigger mugs but the measurements are still the same.  Just a rough guess, but I can almost guarantee 1/32" accuracy.  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

Gearbox

2 to 3 mugs in the morning , 1 or 2 cups at the parts house if i go to town . black only no flavor .
I have been in the N E and you guys drink it way stronger than here . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

elk42

Gearbox
   You got it right black as a burnt fence post. [ old saying ] 
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

SwampDonkey

I make mine in a SS perk on the stove. 4 cups of water, 3 tablespoons grinds. I buy a brand by a national store chain here. I don't buy some of the cheaper stuff like Maxwell, no taste to it. Add a tiny bit of sugar (maybe 1/3 of a teaspoon) and a good dose of cereal cream (10 % MF). No half and half for me (oil and sugar slosh?) I'd rather have the real stuff. :D  Anyway, 2 - 3 cups from Royal Albert fine china (tastes a lot better) in the morning with breakfast and that's it for the day. ;) Besides we have lots of china cups between mother and uncle collecting for 40 or 50 years. LOL
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandsawmill14

here is my fancy pot   5 scoops coffee and fill it up water ;D
had to buy my daughters (13 & 17 yo) an electric maker and that dog gone thing wont get it hotter than bath water >:(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!