iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your profiles

Started by Jeff, October 20, 2004, 02:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Gilman

Good reminder Jeff,
I didn't finish mine like P.'s but I at least started it.  Maybe when I get reminded next month I'll add the next chapter. ;D

Cool profile P. (notice I don't even try to spell your whole name) :D

Jeff,
After reading P's profile and I'm a woodworker by primary hobby, has there been much interest in a Woodworking section to the FF?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Frank_Pender

Ok Jeff, I just went to my Bio to possible do an update.   Now, how do I do that? :P  I hit bio and nothing happend. :'(  I put the curser where I had left off and nothing. :'(  I must have missed something that says "update bio".  I will go back and snoop around. :P :-/

Gilman, what are you doing up so late?
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

I figured it out.   8)Gee, this puter stuff is kinda fun, sometimes. :-/
Frank Pender

moosehunter

Jeff,
 I did it.
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DextorDee

Uh yea, ifn you choose a food and enter change profile ya bio goes bye bye..Right? Can ya fetch my bio? ::)
I forgot about the fine print ???
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Jeff

THis is a good time to fix that bug That old bio add on was bugy. we can use this to add a new bio spot and get rid ofthe old.  

I dont think thas makes the bio go by by though.

DextorDee

Maybe i wasn't suppose to hit change profile when i selected food > I had one now i don't. It wern't that interesting anyway.
No complaints.
Jeff, you do a great job with this forum..
Hats off to all you Admins
Thanks
Ken
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Gilman

Frank,
Busy reading the FF! The FF is nice and quiet at that time of night.

Did you get up at 3:00 AM?  I've heard of the early bird, but the worms aren't going to be up for at least a couple hours. :D
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Furby

Ok, lets see if I'm even close to understanding this.
The problem with the new search is it searches the signature line. So we'll more or less do away with the signature line and place fields in our profiles to put things that are now in our signature line and then some. How'd I do??? Any place close to the ballpark???

Will any of the new fields in our profiles be viewable on our posts? I do kinda like seeing the stuff that is now in our signature line when reading some posts. It's not a big deal, but it does take more time to pull up someone's profile.

Jeff

THats pretty much the idea.

It also takes time for all that extra data to load in the post.

If somebody searches Mark III bandsaw mill right now, they will get the last 15 or so posts made by you. Now, how many of your posts had anything to do with your mill, and how will that search have helped a guest or visitor to this forum?

But in answer to the question, I can actually make any of the new feilds appear on a post at any given time. Maybe useful? dunno yet.

Furby

Cool!
So would any of the fields you make show up, be searched by the search? Or would the profiles still be searched, regardless of where the info is?

Actually I did just make a post concerning my mill, but never gave the make. ::) But that does explain the results I saw of a couple of searches, and yes it does mess things up.
Are you planning on keeping this search?
It would seem to be a waste to change things only for this search and then dump the search down the road.

Bruce_A

Jeff, I am not good with the computer, but I can read slowly and when working with others I try to lead by example, so I tend to follow the same way.  As our leader , WE WILL FOLLOW YOU,  nice bio.

Murf

Hey, I think I finally got this 'pooter whupped into submission and the profile thing all figgered out.

Thanks for the anti-Cannuck code bashing there Jeff. Maybe that anti-Cannuck code has something to do with Mad Cow Disease, they won't let Mad Jack#$%'s across the border either.  :D

Anyways, whatever the reason, I finally got Deputy Dawg installed in his place of honour over there to the left, keepin' an eye on me as he always does.

Thanks again.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Bruce_A

Jeff,  I hope I managed to do this profile thing right.

Thank You Sponsors!