iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Commercial Firewood Guys - noob questions

Started by FarmerDickie, February 10, 2015, 09:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

I sell about 150 cord cut and split and delivered and I think i make a little bit on it. But that's only because my 23 year old blockbuster ( 3rd owner ) and my tractors and winches are paid for and just cost me fuel and parts. Also I don't pay anything for the logs, as they get offered to me for the taking ( standing of coarse ),plus I have a wood lot myself and if I don't brake too much , i 'll make a bit there too.
Buying truckloads of logs delivered in to the yard and making payments on a processor will sure make it a tough go and is calling for large volume, because margin will be small.
Once every while you will get a crooked , knotted log and you think it has to go through and you end up getting a big block jammed in your splitting wedge and you gonna be in there with your chainsaw and wreck a chain or two and eventually lose some skin on your knuckles. If you are not successful  after a hour or two you can try a bottle jack or a handyman jack and lose some more skin. If that doesn't work either, you can take your loader and lift  the canopy of the processor and pull the whole splitting wedge with the block of wood out and set it on the ground so you can wreck more chains.  :D :D
You gotta love it !!!     Oh, and I didn't even mention a sledge hammer or did I ?   And yes it normally happens on one of the hottest days. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

xalexjx

i'v only had one block ever  not go through the six way wedge on my built-rite and it was basically a huge knot. If it will fit in the splitter trough they push right through.
Logging and Processed Firewood

Thank You Sponsors!