iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New here

Started by Wattsranch4, February 02, 2020, 03:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

I have heard nothing but great things about WM service and I am sure they will steer you in the right direction.  good luck.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

With my LT15 I used the standard WM 7's for 90% of about 20 different species of hardwood.

Then I sawed my first pecan lien and the band got so hot it smoked and scorched the band. So I put in another band, and did it again.  Oops.  I switched to WM 4's and they worked fine.  So my standard bullpen strategy was to use used .045" 4's for pecan, hickory and white oak, 7's for everything else.

The LT15 was a great mill, it cut very flat lumber and my never gave me a minutes worth of trouble.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!