iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who's had shoulder surgery or is contemplating it?

Started by LOGDOG, November 23, 2012, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooleycow

massive tear of rotator cuff, right in 2002 and left in 2007.  four months on first and 2 months on the second.  have full range of motion.  was swimming 1/2 mile on second before finishing therapy.  one needs an alarm clock. case of colas, and case of nabs for pain.  set the alarm clock and take meds on prescribed time.  eat pack of nabs and drink a cola for stomach.  pain meds hard on the stomach.  if you don't  take meds on prescribed time pain can go to level 5 or greater and 2 pills will not bring it back down to level 1 or 2.  get a recliner chair and live in it.  it keeps you from rolling about in your sleep.  get an mri with contrast for definitive picture.  pain is relative.  different people are effected differently.  good luck.

LOGDOG

Thanks mooleycow. My wife's been wanting me to buy a new recliner for a while now so this is a good time. I've been hitting the Ibuprofen right on schedule like Doc said to do. It's definitely taken the edge off the bite.

doctorb

beenthere is absolutely correct.  I posted incorrectly

The FDA would like to decrease the usage of combination pain meds that have acetaminophen (Tylenol) as part of their "cocktail". Inadvertant overuse of these meds leads to an overdose of Tylenol.

Thanks for catching this mistake in my post ant I will correct it.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Roxie

Cowboy Bob had the surgery on his right shoulder in 2003.  Three little holes and a few weeks of physical therapy and he was good as new.  Your mileage may vary, but nine years later he is very glad he had it repaired. 

Mooleycow, I had forgotten about him sleeping in the recliner until you mentioned it.  Very good advice! 
Say when

Ron Scott

Yes, a recliner is a needed item after a shoulder surgery. I spent at least a week in one after my shoulder surgery.
~Ron

Bandmill Bandit

My Brother has had rotator cups done and a "slightly" more senior friend that works with me on the saw mill occasionally had one 2 years ago and the  second one done a year ago. They both had the same surgeon and it was done arthroscopically.

My friends first one did require a bit more of and open procedure as there was some torn ligament damage that they repaired at the same time. The extra incision is about and 1.5 inch right above the joint and slightly to the front. He says the tendon repair was the most painful but other wise he is back to normal pretty much.

My brother is back driving and oil feild heavy haul rig about 80% of his seat time and says he has minimum 90% full motion in both shoulders. He hates drugs of any kind so did very minimal pain drugs.

So far neither of them have had to go in a for warranty repairs. :D     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!