iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maple Syrup

Started by Magicman, February 08, 2012, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WmFritz

I just bought 10 contracts for maple syrup futures. Thanks for that news clip. :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

beenthere

We'll keep that quiet, as they might be looking for who has their large supply.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I knew once those southern boys got hooked they would give up anything (even grits) to find our reserves. :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

My Chuck White stash just took a hit, but I am quite certain that I know who did it.

Yup, Okrafarmer ate the evidence.   digin1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Okrafarmer, the look on your face tells me you liked it!  ;)

Lynn, it's hard for me to believe that you're still nursing that bottle.

But, Good as maple syrup is, I can see you trying to make it last!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I confess, I have been nursing it and it only gets pulled out for special occasions.  Of course the jug still looks full, but it is closer to empty.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Okrafarmer

I can testify that Chuck White's syrup is at least as good as the stuff I paid too much for at that tourist stand by the side of the road in Vermont this past January! Probably better.
8)

BTW, anybody ever try mixing maple syrup into your milk? Oh, now that's yummmmmy.
As a kid, I used to make syrup on the wood stove just for fun. Eventually I learned that if I didn't screen the snow flees out of the sap, and let them boil into the syrup, no one else in the family would eat the syrup.
More for me!!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

I still have a taste of Chuck White syrup left in the bottom of the jug.   ;D

Chuck White

As a spin-off from Okra's maple syrup and milk, try this!

At the St Lawrence County fair, this year the "maple tent" was selling maple syrup milk shakes!

Definately good!

Okrafarmer

Now that would be awesome!  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Kansas

I ran into this article about Vermont syrup, and possibly changing the grading system.  Maybe some of it has been posted here. I have only bought maple syrup a couple of times. Haven't a clue on grades. Guess its whats on the store shelf. When they talk about light amber and dark, I more or less associate that with beer.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121007/DA1OQ5BO0.html

Thank You Sponsors!