iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Headed to Texas

Started by Ivey, November 09, 2006, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivey

Leaving for Texas in the morning to pick up my new mill. LogMaster LM4. Will pick it up on monday AM. Will be spending some time with the wifes Grandmother this weekend in Waco TX.  I will update when we get back, and try the picture thing . Its a long way from here to there, yaw wish me luck, and a prayer !!
   Ivey
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

tcsmpsi

Congratulations!

Try to get there as early as possible.  Pretty good jaunt from Waco to Nacogdoches.

You getting the 51hp Cat?

They were building an LM4 when I was up there last.  Good looking rig.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Ivey

I  decided to get the cummins 50hp, and yes it is  a ways I figger about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs is that about right?
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

tcsmpsi

Yessir.  That ought to be pretty close.  Long as you don't get turned around down here in these woods.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

JimBuis

Ivey,
I was just checking out Logmaster's website.  I don't see any indication of prices.  How does the price compare on their mills with other bandmills?  Looking at their top of the line, LM 6 Doublecut, that thing must be $100,000! :o

Nice looking mills.

Looks like they sidestepped the cantilever versus four post design.  Their headrig, at least on the LM 4, has six posts.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

tcsmpsi

Around half of your surmised price for the LM6.   ;)

The LM4 with the Cummins, I 'magine somewhere in the near vicinity of 32k.

Would be my guess.   ;D

Ivey

You're real close michael.. 32,500 onthe LM4.. The LM6 at 49

thecfarm

Good luck to you and we are all looking forward to the pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

4woody

I wish you a good safe trip an may god be with you

Thank You Sponsors!