iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Processor? Maybe?

Started by Corley5, November 12, 2010, 01:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Good hired help is hard to come by Corley and even worse yet around these parts it is hard to even find a job like that  ::) .... I'd be blessed to come work for ya if'n you were alot closer.  ;D   There are just no mills around these parts to take any timber to.  There is all kinds of wood to cut too.   ::)  The only way you can make a go of it around these parts is to have a small mill and sell lumber and a bit of firewood. 

Brad. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

My uncle built a mill in Prince Albert, 30 odd years ago. Did that place close up?

Corley's dilemma is the same here as well. Farmers also have the same hardship getting good help. But to be fair, there are some situations where the work is not steady to begin with. That's mostly the case on farms. And that is just as hard on the worker as the employer.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

Swamp, there are only a couple of big mills (Weyerhauser)at the most going right now in the province.  Carrot River sawmill and the pulp mill at Hudson Bay are both coming back online if they haven't already.  I know they were having trouble getting wood this summer when they were supposed to come online but they had to push that back a while. 

Te farm scene here is another whole ball of wax too.  The farmers are now done for the season other than a few odd days here and there to haul their grain to the elevators when the markets open up. They don't need any workers.  Trying to find a job around here is like trying to keep the sidewalk clean in a snowstorm. I see there are a few camp jobs available in the bush in Northern Alberta right now.  ;)  May have to hitchhike though.   :D

Bad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

I don't intend to leave my warm shop for at least the next 5 months.  :D :D :D  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

furltech

Well i went and did it bought a small stroke harvester (patu ) on a kubota kh28 carrier today.  goodbye no show cutters hello bank payments  :D

Thank You Sponsors!