iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dutch Oven Cooking

Started by Norm, March 17, 2008, 04:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

If you really get excited about Dutch ovens, check this out and join up!!

http://www.idos.org/
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

JAMES G

maca supply makes nice cookware good web site also

zopi

Was thinking of this thread, and it being fireplace weather...dug out my Wagner Round top roaster yesterday, added beans water and a little bacon grease amd set that sucker on the woodstove in the living room....beans were so good, I kept them on and added some taters this morning, still grazing on them....wanted something with some meat in it, so I dug out one of my lodge ten inchers...a good slow cooker on a hot wood stove..no direct condiction heat. Started myself a batch of whatchagot stew. Half a bag of baby carrots, an onion, some garlic, a couple pounds of sirloin that has been in the freezer just longer than steak ought to be...gonna chunk up some taters and dunk them after awhile...a touch of chili powder, and a touch of curry...and let it ride...

Love my dutch ovens.  I just happened upon a twenty inch truck rim the other day...It has started its new existence as a backyard fire ring....will have to do a little fabrication to it, and build myself one of those superwhamodyne cooksets from the last page...I think I will make a spit style crosspiece between two of those so the coffee will stay hot while I make brisket bbq, and beans at the same time... lol
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Norm

Sounds awesome Zopi, nothing better than smelling that cooking throughout the day.

zopi

Yeah..and I can throw it together amd forget it...check for water loss or add whatelseyagot throughout the day.
Just applied for a >JOB< at Bass Pro...got my outdoors juices churning....

Y'all cross finger or pray or rattle bones or whatever you do for me. I really want this i.terview/job.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Buck

lol Zopi, best wishes and we'll  pray and rattle bones for ya here in La.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

You ah bad man zopi.   fire_smiley   digin_2
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

Lol, Buck, I say it that way, because I used to live in Port Sulphur...those old voodoo women scare me!
I believe, by golly!
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mooseherder

That's down home right there. :)

zopi

That stew is evaporating...even the chunky stuff...guess my herd likes it..

Guess I will start the fifteen bean rocket fuel tomorrow..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

metalspinner

We cook with DO's on our scout outings.  It's alot of fun just standing around and tending the coals.

Most of our cooking in them is dessert.  Here is a pic of a typical stack... ;D

Three of these are mine and all Lodge brand.  They are made here near Chattanooga, but we have a Lodge Outlet just 15 minutes away.  They often have factory seconds piled high for quick sale. 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ChrisGermany

If ya'll are in a jambalaya mood, I have a Lodge brand dutch oven that I like to make it in.

It's pretty simple. Just rice, andouille sausage, crawfish tails, onions, garlic, red pepper, and plenty of chicken broth. Brown the meat first, then cook the onions and garlic down with it. Add the broth and some parboiled rice and cook until the rice is done.

Nothin' but fine.
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -- Matthew 6:34

Thank You Sponsors!